PEGAZUS - melb cup eve madness!!!

augdem

Jul 17, 2003
www.theimplicateorder.cjb.net
PEGAZUS, Grimlock, The Implicate Order

Monday Nov 3 (Melbourne Cup eve) at The Barley Corn Hotel, Johnstone st., Collingwood (very close to the tote).

Entry: $10.

Doors: 8pm.

Use the fact that the next day is a meaningless public holiday to get totally shitfaced and listen to some great REAL METAL!!!

The Implicate Order - diverse extreme atmospheric progressive metal. Download MP3's at: http://www.theimplicateorder.cjb.net

Popular in Brazil too, I think. I've never seen them live, and haven't heard the new (well he's been there a few yrs now!) singer.

Penelope said:
Does anyone actually like Pegazus?
well they were very popular when they first started out, and if you didn't like them (or just thought there was a better band in Melbourne) people thought you were an arsehole and hated you.

Now things seem to have changed though.... maybe there's a bit of tall poppy syndrome going on? They're certainly a MUCH better band now than they were 10 years ago when it was virtually illegal to dislike them.

yeah as far as i know they are still on Nuclear Blast but they are releasing a live album themselves...

I think they are a good band and put on a great live show. If you expect power metal you ain't gonna like them coz too many power metal fans have that syndrome where if something isn't technical and doesn't amaze them musically then it isn't good, which is bullshit if you ask me. Good songs are all that matter.

If you want a fun, singalong '80s style classic heavy metal show, then Pegazus are great. Big catchy riffs, big choruses and a great fun lighthearted '80s metal attitude on stage, not to mention a Priest-style overload of leather :lol:

Personally I would rather see a fun singalong metal show with simple catchy songs and a fist in the air beat than 50 minutes of the band showing their chops with too much double kick and non stop guitar solos which is what most power metal fans seem to enjoy. Each to their own I spose :) I just think of a rock show as being entertainment above all else though, a fun night out.... rather than as a test or "recital" to see how well they can play their songs live and how good they are at their instruments.

Haupassia said:
yeah as far as i know they are still on Nuclear Blast but they are releasing a live album themselves...
According to the most recent email I got from them, they have "parted ways" with Nuclear Blast on the grounds that their last two albums didn't really get the promotion they wanted.