Penguin-Core???

DayByDayBand

Thrashin' With Pashin'
Feb 19, 2011
United States
Okay, so my band and i are trying to come up with a gimmick, for example Attack Attack and their "Crab-Core". We came up with "Penguin-Core" and we wanted to know what you guys think it would look like. BTW we are not Attack Attack fans we just want to mess around with this idea in shows and what not.

So if you guys have and idea of what "Penguin-Core" looks like, I'd like to hear your ideas. :danceboy:

My advice would be to do something original and musically substantial instead of coming up with some stupid gimmick and playing repetitive breakdowns for 3 minutes a song. Either that or you can all dress up as penguins and wobble around stage like a bunch of panzies.

PS: I don't care what you do I was just blowing off some steam :hotjump:

Okay, so my band and i are trying to come up with a gimmick, for example Attack Attack and their "Crab-Core". We came up with "Penguin-Core" and we wanted to know what you guys think it would look like. BTW we are not Attack Attack fans we just want to mess around with this idea in shows and what not.

So if you guys have and idea of what "Penguin-Core" looks like, I'd like to hear your ideas. :danceboy:

My advice would be to put a gun in your mouth and fucking shoot yourself.

Are you 12? Are really going to wobble like a penguin while someone screams (or sings with auto tune) to one long breakdown?

No more "core" anything please!

I'm not saying this to insult anyone but come on already. This joke has gone too far. Die "core" die!

Fuck me I'm getting old.

Well fuck, it's all been done and I hate what core is. I say go ahead. Nothing to lose, except maybe some dignity, but there's plenty of that to go around here.

Maybe not penguin, as they don't move around alot. Pogo-core's been done right? What about Karate-core, where you kick in the air at the same time, slam your foot down and then kick the other? Maybe that'd look like Sumo. Sumo wrestlers are pretty cool.

Theres a difference between a gimmick and doing something retarded. For example, if you are familiar with The Black Dahlia Murder they have a very successful song called statutory ape. After it got really big they bought an ape costume so there manager could run out on stage in it while they played that song. Now if they had an ape costume running around when they just started playing shows as a gimmick, everyone would probably just think they are retarded. Dont go out of your way to be different like that, just let it happen.

OT I fucking loathe when metal bands name songs really dumb things like "Going to the food store" etc. Im not sure why that came to mind

btw im pretty sure attack attack! didnt do the crab core thing on purpose, i think it started from that animated gif of the dude doing the "Crab thing" and thats what everyone else called it