New Macbook Pros

quite often even when the specs read far better, they just don't outperform the macs

In most cases this is fact. Been through it a couple of times, and still own a laptop that should be better than my present macbook, but it never was. Purchasing it was a very expensive, stupid mistake that only made my conversion to Mac cost even more.

If I ever bought a laptop PC(not that I'd have any reason to), it wouldn't be anything less than a Lenovo or something. Fuck PCs with cheap-ass components.

I did notice that with the 17in one. With the way I configured it, to get a 17in from a 15in would have cost me an extra 20 bucks, so it's cool that that's a better deal (they raised the price on the 15in).

I suppose I'm more upset that it's not as big of a jump as I've known Apple to do at times. I kind of want the best if I'm going to hang onto it for many years as I know Apple MBPs tend to last quite awhile.

Perhaps they'll even do a bit of a refresh during the holiday season or after? I'll keep wishing...

my sweet lil 13" MBP can mix big session on Pro tools with tons of virtual instruments; and its gonna last me a LONG time.
My g4 Quiksilver with a blazing dual 1 gig processor and a MASSIVE 1.5 gig of ram still works just damn fine.
Can open and run and record in pro tools 8 and logic. WOuldn't mix much in it sure..... oh and its running leopard.
the only thing it doesn't do great is some flash videos in full screen.
Not a huge problem really.