People from CA I need ur opinion

charli

Oct 7, 2009
Hi guys, next year I'm gonna move to the U.S. for one year but I get to choose between San Francisco and Los Angeles, I wanted ur opinion on where to go u know I'm looking forward to go to a lot of parties :kickass: :Smokin: and stuff like that and u know where do most metal shows or tours go... thanx guys... btw I'm 16...

Hi guys, next year I'm gonna move to the U.S. for one year but I get to choose between San Francisco and Los Angeles, I wanted ur opinion on where to go u know I'm looking forward to go to a lot of parties :kickass: :Smokin: and stuff like that and u know where do most metal shows or tours go... thanx guys... btw I'm 16...

... You bes' be trollin'

I haven't been to San Francisco but have been to LA a few times.

In L.A. they're not allowed to sell alchohol after 2.a.m. so all the clubs shut at this time. I hated this about L.A. There are clubs/pubs in Sydney where I didn't arrive till after 3am.

Kinda makes me wonder about the hey days and images of Motley Crue tearing down the Sunset Strip... but they were home by 2.30 a.m.? - Pussies!

If you're staying in L.A. my guess is you want to be between Hollywood and Santa Monica. The West Hollywood/Sunset Strip area would be best for gigs.

If the drinking age is still 21 you ain't be seeing many gigs for a while there jr. Not sure about the medicinal dope age there.

LA. city itself is like Mexico, if you play 'spot the white guy' you won't reach the dizzying heights of double digit scores.

s

Are you from Finland? (judging from your text under username.. that actually says just that :lol:) I've lived in the States for a few years now-- I attend University here. I grew up in Finland and Sweden, so I can tell you it is a big change. Not that it's all bad! I like it now, though I am flying back to Helsinki in a few months. At least until I have to go back :loco:.

But, never ever ever ever even go to LA. San Fransisco is awesome, especially in comparison. :Spin:.

Yea San Francisco is nicer. It's full of homos but, what are you going to do? Yes the drinking age is still 21 for fucks sake. L.A. on the small scale isn't that bad but as a whole it's definitely the worst place in America. Check out Long Beach though, and Compton if you do decide to stay in L.A. If you're on Long Beach Blvd ask for a guy named 'Country' mention some scrawny Italian kid sent you. He'll hook you up.

I haven't been to San Francisco but have been to LA a few times.

In L.A. they're not allowed to sell alchohol after 2.a.m. so all the clubs shut at this time. I hated this about L.A. There are clubs/pubs in Sydney where I didn't arrive till after 3am.

Kinda makes me wonder about the hey days and images of Motley Crue tearing down the Sunset Strip... but they were home by 2.30 a.m.? - Pussies!

If you're staying in L.A. my guess is you want to be between Hollywood and Santa Monica. The West Hollywood/Sunset Strip area would be best for gigs.

If the drinking age is still 21 you ain't be seeing many gigs for a while there jr. Not sure about the medicinal dope age there.

LA. city itself is like Mexico, if you play 'spot the white guy' you won't reach the dizzying heights of double digit scores.

s

Ok man thanks ,yeah its a cool country , I've been going there like a month a year for the last 5 years or so ( NY) , that's why I'm choosing it to live in for a few months, but I never got to make friends or anything there so now I'm goin on my own to u know have a good time and go to parties and stuff like that, I'll be 17 by that time, but my main concern is weather (I hate cold) and getting to go to as many metal shows as possible, I guess most of the tours go to SF n LA (?) , have u been to Canada?

Are you from Finland? (judging from your text under username.. that actually says just that :lol:) I've lived in the States for a few years now-- I attend University here. I grew up in Finland and Sweden, so I can tell you it is a big change. Not that it's all bad! I like it now, though I am flying back to Helsinki in a few months. At least until I have to go back :loco:.

But, never ever ever ever even go to LA. San Fransisco is awesome, especially in comparison. :Spin:.

Nope haha I just google translated it :Spin:

Yea San Francisco is nicer. It's full of homos but, what are you going to do? Yes the drinking age is still 21 for fucks sake. L.A. on the small scale isn't that bad but as a whole it's definitely the worst place in America. Check out Long Beach though, and Compton if you do decide to stay in L.A. If you're on Long Beach Blvd ask for a guy named 'Country' mention some scrawny Italian kid sent you. He'll hook you up.

Full of homos? hahaha , Ill defiantly gonna look for country hahaha

have u been to Canada?
Toronto but only for just over a day, I liked what I saw and went out that night to a local gig. My guess is you won't like it when it gets cold. There are a couple of Canadians here who may give you some info.

Where are you from?

s

K, I met a girl from Edmonton last holidays on Hawaii, she was so cool and was like dude u gotta come to Canada ur gonna like it more than the states and shit.... Im from Ecuador...

I live in San Francisco, it's better (especially if you're 16). LA is huge and sprawling and difficult to get to places whereas SF is small and condensed, you move from one totally different neighborhood to another within blocks. There's tons of diversity, multiple methods of public transit which run often, run late and get you everywhere (bart which goes all over the bay area, muni trains, muni busses, other busses to go out to the other parts of the bay area, all night busses etc). Shows also almost always come here, maybe not exclusive shows like 1 appearance in the USA but we have multiple metal venues which are really cool and all ages and get every big tour that comes through here plus a really thriving and condensed local scene that has many venues it uses and everyone knows each other and parties.

The only downside for you would be getting a place to live. Cost of living in terms of apartment, food etc is extremely expensive so if you're 16 and dont have a job or money you could find yourself living in a shithole in the ghetto which can be very dangerous (most of the city is ok in terms of safe for a city but places like the tenderloin, hunters point, some parts of the mission district etc can be extremellyyy dangerous.)

All in all if you can afford it it fucking rules. Theres tons of metal and music in general, lots of nightlife, great partying, great schools, busses so you never need a car (I'm 19 and have 2 jobs, go to school and have a band and I almost never find myself needing to drive because the busses go everywhere and run so frequently), the weather is constantly foggy or cool so it never gets too hot but it never gets too cold, not a ton of rain; basically the weather is very mild and nice and the city is beautiful, diverse and has all the cool stuff I mentioned before.

If you have a choice between SF and LA I'd say definitely SF; LA is cool to visit for a super exclusive show and I love playing down there at all the venues but in general its just super expensive, really spread out, tons of freeways and the most insane traffic and can get really hot and miserable.

I live in San Francisco, it's better.

You've convinced me, I'll have to look into visiting the next time. I was in LA in August coincidentally during the Sunset Strip Music Festival.

I chose to drive to L.A. while I was in Las Vegas as I wanted to finish my drive down Route 66 properly.

s

... You bes' be trollin'
why? :guh: didnt get it..

I live in San Francisco, it's better (especially if you're 16). LA is huge and sprawling and difficult to get to places whereas SF is small and condensed, you move from one totally different neighborhood to another within blocks. There's tons of diversity, multiple methods of public transit which run often, run late and get you everywhere (bart which goes all over the bay area, muni trains, muni busses, other busses to go out to the other parts of the bay area, all night busses etc). Shows also almost always come here, maybe not exclusive shows like 1 appearance in the USA but we have multiple metal venues which are really cool and all ages and get every big tour that comes through here plus a really thriving and condensed local scene that has many venues it uses and everyone knows each other and parties.

The only downside for you would be getting a place to live. Cost of living in terms of apartment, food etc is extremely expensive so if you're 16 and dont have a job or money you could find yourself living in a shithole in the ghetto which can be very dangerous (most of the city is ok in terms of safe for a city but places like the tenderloin, hunters point, some parts of the mission district etc can be extremellyyy dangerous.)

All in all if you can afford it it fucking rules. Theres tons of metal and music in general, lots of nightlife, great partying, great schools, busses so you never need a car (I'm 19 and have 2 jobs, go to school and have a band and I almost never find myself needing to drive because the busses go everywhere and run so frequently), the weather is constantly foggy or cool so it never gets too hot but it never gets too cold, not a ton of rain; basically the weather is very mild and nice and the city is beautiful, diverse and has all the cool stuff I mentioned before.

If you have a choice between SF and LA I'd say definitely SF; LA is cool to visit for a super exclusive show and I love playing down there at all the venues but in general its just super expensive, really spread out, tons of freeways and the most insane traffic and can get really hot and miserable.

thank you man, yeah I can cafford it that's not a problem, so I see It's a very cool city and it will be more easy for me to adapt cuz I live in a small city... If only it was a bit hotter.. but it's ok i guess... hope I get in a band hahaha, looking forward to see ur band, mate when I make it to CA...

A few personal gripes about the USA:

Tipping - a message to the bosses - pay your workers better you f*cks, it shouldn't be our responsibility to pay them.

Tax, you see an item say for $1.99, god shines on you with an opportunity to lighten your pockets of all shrapnel with exactly $1.99 in coins. Time comes to pay and the cash register reads $2.37 FUUUUUUUU

Advertise the taxed price FFS!

1c pieces - wtf? who needs 'em, round off goods to the nearest 5c

$1 bills still in circulation and the US hasn't upgraded to polymer bills - behind the times.

Black guys waiting in the toilets with an array of sweets, cologne & stuff handing you paper towels? I was brought up not to accept goods from strangers.... especially in a toilet - WTF? Breathing in other peoples faecal matter? Surely that job breaks OHS rules, do US health inspectors know of this?

s

A few personal gripes about the USA:

Tipping - a message to the bosses - pay your workers better you f*cks, it shouldn't be our responsibility to pay them.

Agreed

Tax, you see an item say for $1.99, god shines on you with an opportunity to lighten your pockets of all shrapnel with exactly $1.99 in coins. Time comes to pay and the cash register reads $2.37 FUUUUUUUU

Agreed

Advertise the taxed price FFS!

Yes, taxes are dumb, we get it.

1c pieces - wtf? who needs 'em, round off goods to the nearest 5c

We've considered that, for a while. Considering the penny is 99% not copper.

$1 bills still in circulation and the US hasn't upgraded to polymer bills - behind the times.

Our money isn't worth shit anyway, what's the point..?

Black guys waiting in the toilets with an array of sweets, cologne & stuff handing you paper towels? I was brought up not to accept goods from strangers.... especially in a toilet - WTF?

It's illegal street vending in my eyes. Bootlegs and knock-offs sold out of metal brief cases.

Breathing in other peoples faecal matter? Surely that job breaks some OHS rules, do US health inspectors know of this job?

OSHA could care less (about black people). Or they feel bad about taking away someones only means of income.

s (s)