People Need to Wake the Fuck Up!!!!

VINCE NEILs REVENGE

New Metal Member
May 2, 2003
Visit site
I have to express how deeply disappointed I am in the sales of WCFYA. I posted here when I first bought the album...I just wanted to express my excitement for what Anthrax has accomplished over the passed ten years and to give a shout out to some really cool fans. This is a really cool board with open minded people. This band has put out 4 killer albums in a row...and each one decreases in sales. This music is waaaaaaaaaay too good not to be heard. If this doesn't sell then not only is metal affected...but good music in general is affected!! This goes way beyond metal here...WCFYA is just plain fucking awesome MUSIC!!! I honestly don't believe the new Staind, Deftones, PM5K are better than WCFYA. I love the new Manson..but it still can't touch this album. While Staind and the Deftones continue to put out the same product (in my opinion), Anthrax continues to find new ground. Well everyone, I guess we just have to keep supporting the mighty Thrax and keep showing up at the gigs. Here's to real fuckin Rock N' Roll!!!!

PS= Heard Metallica's new single, St. Anger today.....was highly disappointed...I was so hoping it would be good. Oh well...let the hype machine roll on........

VINCE NEIL: LIVE ONE NIGHT ONLY
Available in stores now.........well most of the show is available....he says the tapes were lost... I say he was hit with a hamburger and stormed off the stage.

Hey now, are we starting a 2003 Metallica vs. Anthrax debate ? Lets not put ourselves through this...

Lets just remember the good times we have listening to both bands.

St. Anger is repetative but totally kicks ass, pretty heavy compared to Black Album, Load, Reload, I think they are headed in a good direction.

And you have to love the new bassist Rob, he played with Sucicidal Tendancies for a long time, and everyone loves ST !!!

People suck in general, Vince. The "mass" swallows only what it's fed with by corporate pigs... I personally think Marilyn Manson suck the most serious ass. The same goes with Crazy Town, for example. In a today's world, no one except loyal fans like us gives a rat's ass about such great album as WCFYA. Anthrax is an underground band today and I seriously doubt it's gonna be better ever. Guess we'll have to live with it and learn to enjoy it.

V.N.R. You are right, but unfortunately, johnieCzech is also right.

I still haven't heard the new Metallisuck, but from what I've heard, it is COMPLETE CRAP. I will give my opinion later......
I heard that the DJs here in Colorado are saying how horrible the new Metallica is. But that doesn't matter. It's Metallica, so it's on the fucking radio.
The new Anthrax is fucking excellent, but it's Anthrax, so it will never be on the radio (at least never in Colorado).

FUCK THE RADIO. First we need to request Anthrax, then--after they ignore our requests- we need to use the "word of mouth" strategy.
I have bought 7 copies of "We've Come For You All" and have talked a few people into buying it. Sure enough, they like it!
Maybe if the "Safe Home" video is actually played on MTV2 or Fuse, they will get more sales..............................?????????

No video + no promotion = no sales. It's just the way things are. Hopefully after MTV plays the video a few times (knock on wood) and after the commercial airs some on Much Music the sales will go up. I know they still won't sell as many as they deserve to sell but that's just because people are fucking idiots these days. It really makes me sick to my stomach to think that Metallica will surely outsell WCFYA in the 1st fucking day it's released but what can you do? I know if WCFYA is promoted properly it WILL sell a respectful # of copies. It's still early so we'll just have to wait and see.

I think it's sad that a band that's been around for two decades needs video play to increase its sales. Granted, the "old school" fans like myself are still devoted, just not too many "young people" know of Anthrax or if they do, it's the 80's jams and big hair things they hear about and not the music itself. Just my opinion.

It as never my intention to start a Metallica vs. Anthrax debate. I was just stating that the new tallica single didn't sound too good. Musically or sonically. To me...it sounded like Helmet meets some heavier Nu-Metal band..like Mudvayne. As shitty as it is..it will get MASSIVELY HYPED! I sure hope the rest is great!! It only helps metal for METALLICA to win.....but they have to support metal too....which they don't....SEE LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK.

Give it time. What's important is where the sales are in 6 months, 12 months. Anthrax is in the weird position of having a 20 year career but still having to prove themselves. It has been 5 years since Vol 8 and that takes a lot of rebuilding in this "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks" business. If they can tour for a year, get their videos played on the Hard Rock/Metal programs and maybe even some real radio, which I believe they are starting to get, they'll be back in business with a strong base for next time. Just like they used to do it in 1987.

I need to get digital cable or a dish because all i get is mtv and vh1 and I havn't seen a single video on either channel in about a month. Not that they every had anything worth watching but it just seems odd to me.

mentalmeltdown said:
Patience is a virtue. WCFYA will sell alright after Safe Home video gets aired.

I think this album will slow burn into gaining heat this summer. Shit, Thrax doesn't get the respect they deserve. They should be called DangerfieldThrax.

Keenu and Sum 41 will definitely help get the video aired.

its hard to find that shit out,metalsludge have there scan updates everynow and then it will be interesting to see how it sold in its second and third weeks!

ps i emailed charlie and asked him were they hopping over to australia when they do the japan shows,his reply was we wanted to come over when we hit japan but the promoters didnt want to do it!(god know sthe reasons,maybe the promotors dont like the timing of it all they prob need more time to schedule shows in etc..i hope its as simple as that

i will be very pissed if they dont tour here,it may be a fair way to come but they will be playing to 1000 to 1500 people plus,they promised they would be back when they toured here for stomp lets hope they keep there word.

johnnieCzech said:
People suck in general, Vince. The "mass" swallows only what it's fed with by corporate pigs... I personally think Marilyn Manson suck the most serious ass. The same goes with Crazy Town, for example. In a today's world, no one except loyal fans like us gives a rat's ass about such great album as WCFYA. Anthrax is an underground band today and I seriously doubt it's gonna be better ever. Guess we'll have to live with it and learn to enjoy it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I totally agree with you JohnnieCzech!

FUCK METALLICA.

Why do you guys keep bringing up those pansys on all of these boards.... it's an age old question...who are the true kings of metal? Sure, Metallica may have the MTV crowd, but have THEY ever been on an episode of Married with Children eating Peg's Mystery Meat? NO.

Anthrax has been and always "will remain the hardest ever!"