People wanting a quick fix: discuss

Lol ok buddy...progress is great in a lot of regards, but as I said I believe the younger generations are really getting spoiled by instant gratification and over-access to technology to a big extent.

That's the old man in you talking. The world is just changing; and people are moving with it. Others are not. The way it has always been.

You think we really control and manipulate the world?

To an extent. But then a hurricane comes along and tells us that we're not in control. And we eat a bit of humble pie. Hopefully.

I'd just like to see some more production and manufacturing come back from the cheap and labour lawless countries. And maybe a culture that gave more credence to ideas like local community, family, you know all that bullshit...but i'm just full of it. I do think we have a lot of things right but certainly a lot of fucked up things as well.

The problem is, we're currently learning to live without religion and government. It's a slow process. Eventually we'll swing the other way. Maybe we'll land somewhere in the middle.

Anyway it's all just discussion so try not to be another asshole on the internet. :heh:

Hey... it's the Sneap forum. The place is full of arseholes, no need to glorify my assdom.:lol:

I'd like to throw in something i've mentioned previous... before long... theres gonna be templates available for cubase/pt/logic/reaper with free plugins all set up, tracks labelled, buses routed, ready for anyone to basically click the record button and simply record their drums/bass/guitar/vox...

people knowing home studio recordings can sound decent, but not wanting to put the work in to get good at producing it themselves...

for the record... i don't use a pod and i'm going no where near the slate stuff...

There is one good point in presets: they give you a starting point. For example if you are looking for a good lead or rhythm tone on your guitar amp sim of your choise (say pod for example), you load up a preset and you get the signal chain with "almost there" settings. But the presets usually don't work "as is" for your stuff, unless you made the preset yourself.