Per left Opeth and I never heard about it??

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
WTF?? Dude was the best match in the world for the band, his performance on the two albums he did simply took Opeth to the next level. This is the saddest "band member leaving" news I've heard so far, it hits me more than KK or Loomis without a doubt. They better get the next fucking Jon Lord now or drop the keyboards alltogether cause it's gonna be tough to match Per.

Edit: Source http://www.metalinsider.net/splits/opeth-split-with-keyboardist

Yeah saw this back when it was posted on Blabbermouth. Mildly bummed, as I loved what he added (at least he tracked on the upcoming album before leaving!), but I'm not sure he'll be so hard to replace. As usual, as long as Mikael is in the band, it will still be Opeth and will still be good.

I was never overly keen on Per. He seemed to never quite fit in the mix, either way too loud (Lamentations) or too soft (everything else, bar a few bits in Watershed).
When Martin left that fucking sucked. I hope other Martin doesn't leave.

Quite enjoy his harmony vocals on the In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall DVD.
Not easy to find someone that can sing so well like that, as well as be a great keyboardist.

As usual, as long as Mikael is in the band, it will still be Opeth and will still be good.

Oh of course, I have no doubt Opeth will still be great and will still be my favorite band as it was before Per joined, but his contributions to the band IMO were just what the band needed, a touch back to old prog rock that meshes perfectly with Mikael's songwriting. As always, I look forward to hearing the next album, to hearing the new keyboardist and to hear another album now without Per.

WTF?? Dude was the best match in the world for the band, his performance on the two albums he did simply took Opeth to the next level. This is the saddest "band member leaving" news I've heard so far, it hits me more than KK or Loomis without a doubt. They better get the next fucking Jon Lord now or drop the keyboards alltogether cause it's gonna be tough to match Per.

Edit: Source http://www.metalinsider.net/splits/opeth-split-with-keyboardist

Oh of course, I have no doubt Opeth will still be great and will still be my favorite band as it was before Per joined, but his contributions to the band IMO were just what the band needed, a touch back to old prog rock that meshes perfectly with Mikael's songwriting. As always, I look forward to hearing the next album, to hearing the new keyboardist and to hear another album now without Per.

+1 to every word of these posts :cry::cry::cry:

After thinking about it the whole day (yes I am obsessed with Opeth and I don´t wanna talk about it) I´ve come to the realization that everytime a band member leaves everyone´s bitching and feeling sorry and mikael immediately pulls out a replacement that kicks the other guy´s ass, puts out a killer album and everyone shuts the fuck up, so I have high hopes this will be the case again.

I hope Steve Wilson contributes to the keys on their new album like he did for Damnation and Deliverance. There were some epic moments going on with keys and the mellotron on that album :)

I will miss Per. I "knew" him before he played in Opeth and I already liked his style, so I was happy to see it in Opeth, and sad to see him leave. I believe that Per and Martin Lopez are players that have a unique vibe to their music, and if you listen carefully you can notice that uniqueness in their contribution to Opeth, they will surely be missed.