Per

iwasteoxygen said:
is Per a permanent member of the band now?
Dunno, maybe he'll just go on every tour with them from now on? Who knows?

iwasteoxygen said:
i've never been a huge fan of keyboards but i guess it could be alright if used tastefully, which shouldn't be a problem for opeth
I don't think Mike likes keyboards in metal either, but IMHO listen to Edge of Sanity's "Crimson II", I think they're really well used there

IAmEternal said:
I don't think Mike likes keyboards in metal either, but IMHO listen to Edge of Sanity's "Crimson II", I think they're really well used there

i'm kinda relieved to hear that about mike. from what i've heard crimson II has some nice keyboards, i also think the little keyboard part in bloodbath's "furnace funeral" is pretty good. if the keys are used in parts and well, then yay cool, if over used then yuck bad

I hate the really cheesy keyboards COF uses sometimes, and probably other black metal bands too.

Swano's musical vision is about as different from Opeth's as possible, I don't think he'd work out as a keyboardist :p

And don't tell him I said it, but I think his ego's too big to be anything but the main songwriter/creative source for a band.
Still love him though :p Great music.