Perfect Pitch

perfect pitch offers very little advantage over relative
(a shortcut to do re mi ...)

knowing what a pitch is called?
trivial imo

The 99.5% of us have to use relative pitch to enjoy music. We know what we like and our ears determine our listening habits.
Music is about all sounds making emotion move. In tune or not. So you are correct about MUSIC.
however, when musicianship comes into play Perfect Pitch would enhance
the resume much more than the Relative Pitch.

gatedropper said:
The 99.5% of us have to use relative pitch to enjoy music. We know what we like and our ears determine our listening habits.
Music is about all sounds making emotion move. In tune or not. So you are correct about MUSIC.
however, when musicianship comes into play Perfect Pitch would enhance
the resume much more than the Relative Pitch.
point taken.
I guess I'll have to become a singer :erk: :erk: :erk:

If you have to 'worry' about 'enjoying' music, then music becomes a chore.
relax and enjoy your time with music, no matter if you are just listening or
breaking it apart.

westknife said:
lmao you're clearly an idiot

Dude , if you don't know anything learn to STHFU please.Don't make me swear.

Anyway I am explanin...
For example lets concider a chord in piano with 9 kind of note in it. A G,D,#B... etc. When you play the chord absolutes can hear the notes in their minds seperatly and play the chord insantly. Of course thats really tough , and only great musicians like Mozart , Beethoven was absolute.

Being Absolute has nothing to do with Absloute or Perfect Pitch.

And guys I think this all relative pitch thing must be about singing. In an enstrument its not hard to find the melodies you just heard after years. Its knowing the entrument more than relative pitch.

Lmfao. THERE ARE NO CHORDS WITH 9 NOTES IN, THEY WOULD SOUND HIDEOUS.

And lol 'only great musicians like Mozart and Beethoven'. Was Beethoven so absolute that he could also hear these '9 note chords' when he became deaf?

Relative pitch isn't about singing- it means that if someone played a C on the piano, and told the person with relative pitch it was a C, if they played another note on the piano the person with relative pitch would be able to recognize what pitch it was, based on the reference note of C.

FuneralPortrait said:
Lmfao. THERE ARE NO CHORDS WITH 9 NOTES IN, THEY WOULD SOUND HIDEOUS.

And lol 'only great musicians like Mozart and Beethoven'. Was Beethoven so absolute that he could also hear these '9 note chords' when he became deaf?

Relative pitch isn't about singing- it means that if someone played a C on the piano, and told the person with relative pitch it was a C, if they played another note on the piano the person with relative pitch would be able to recognize what pitch it was, based on the reference note of C.
i know that
my last post was semi-sarcastic

and our friend here was kind enough to note that he meant a chord with nine KIND of note :lol:

How many fingers you have guys? And of course on piano. You are all gays , and there are chords with 9 different sounds.

An Absent Friend said:
How many fingers you have guys? And of course on piano. You are all gays , and there are chords with 9 different sounds.
omff. those "add9" chords written in your "piano for dummies" book mean play 1 3 5 and 9 on the scale.

not "smash nine keys here" :lol:

you are playing with 12 notes to the octave?? (see avatar)

They are not chords used in songs :D Just press with 9 fingers on piano. It doesn't have to sound nice. Just testing...

I really hope you all arent confusing playing a "9 note chord" as counting notes which are an octave apart (eg 2 e's) as that would be the same note :lol:

It sounds as if having relative pitch would be beneficial enough to help with your music skills I would think. Perfect pitch sounds (from how some describe) like it would be great but also pain to the ears if someones ever out of tune the slightest...

Someone with perfect pitch must hate listening to Agalloch, with their slightly too high for E.