Perhaps the most stupid question of the year

wow fagamil your dp looks very familiar i've seen someone use on this forum already. Oh wait right it's me

Live there is always a lot of fans screaming THIS IS SO FUCKING BEATIFUL out loud during a mellow passage. Imagine that at a jazzshow or classical concert, in the middle of a dynamicly light part, someone goin "FUCK YEAH, THIS PART IS AWSOME" on the top of his voice.

well don't you think that has something to do with the culture of rock concerts as opposed to the cultures of jazz or classical concerts? you also don't see people headbanging, singing along, or even standing up at those kinds of concerts.

think before you post

One question brings another...

What is intelligence?
Which intellgence are you talking about? (since we now categorize 7 types of intelligence).
What makes someone more intelligent than someone else?

I bet that Opeth fans are not smarter than any other jackoff. Does intelligence does match with musical taste? I don't believe so.

But again, can we find the truth? Does thruth exists? The infinite paradox of life.

On a more serious note, I'm hoping all of you don't feel any superior for loving Opeth. We're all brainless mutants. (Ok that wasn't serious at all)

but generally opeth listeners are more open minded than any-kind-of-music-genre listeners.... or not?
it's not general, but i don't expect a dragonforce-maniac to listen to classical or prog rock music. while i expect that from an opeth listener. am i wrong?

but generally opeth listeners are more open minded than any-kind-of-music-genre listeners.... or not?
it's not general, but i don't expect a dragonforce-maniac to listen to classical or prog rock music. while i expect that from an opeth listener. am i wrong?

Well I would say you're half right, half wrong. I would expect the same thing from an Opeth listener, but I'm sure it's not always the case, and that the excpeption represent at least 15% of Opeth listeners. Something like that. I do agree that progressive music generally targets a certain group of people, basing on persons that I know and their personnality.

well don't you think that has something to do with the culture of rock concerts as opposed to the cultures of jazz or classical concerts? you also don't see people headbanging, singing along, or even standing up at those kinds of concerts.

think before you post

That's completely different though. Nobody's about to complain if you headbang at an Opeth concert obviously, but shouting that a mellow part rocks has nothing to do with what kind of music or concert it is, it just completely ruins it.

The intelligence idea is pretty stupid, but I agree with l0bster's saying that it can get you into other stuff, Opeth got me into Porcupine Tree, which then got me into all the prog rock etc. stuff. Which makes me superior to other human beings.

Damn nasty, you'z intelligent

...haha

i also hate it when people interrupt Mikes soft parts, it ruins the moment for me

also, my friend used to listen to opeth but now he doesn't like it anymore and now i think of him as an arrogant idiot... but i might be pretty arrogant too though, overall i do think of myself as musically enlightened i suppose

Mikeal keeps saying stupid things on stage, like low class humour involving cocks and anal sex, yet his musical sense is phenomenal.

Damn nasty, you'z intelligent

...haha

I didn't get it..

Mikeal keeps saying stupid things on stage, like low class humour involving cocks and anal sex, yet his musical sense is phenomenal.

You're a stupid thing :Smug:.. kiding.

"Low class humour", what the hell is this? What should he do? Use a "refined" humour? I don't think what he says on stage is stupid, it's just pretty fun and it fits in the context of a show. I always laugh during his speechs. Am I part of that "low class", oh Lord?

I didn't get it..

You're a stupid thing :Smug:.. kiding.

"Low class humour", what the hell is this? What should he do? Use a "refined" humour? I don't think what he says on stage is stupid, it's just pretty fun and it fits in the context of a show. I always laugh during his speechs. Am I part of that "low class", oh Lord?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think what he meant by "low class humor" was "dirty jokes" as opposed to using less obscene instances of hilarity.

Mike: I hate republicans.
Crowd: HA HA HA!
Mike: Republicans are soooooo stupid.
Crowd: LOLOLOLOLO!
Mike: I hate republicans.
Crowd: HA HA HA!