Periphery album tone try

Calippo Tecks

Feb 6, 2005
Belgium
Out of boredom I tried to match the sound of Periphery.

I saw them previous weekend in Tilburg and was amazed by their live performance.
I expected less to be honest, but I went home with a longsleeve.
Never saw a drummer being so awesome on such a small kit.

Still far away from the original but I start liking it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/970622/periphery.mp3

be careful and with the limithing i had the same problem with the compreson and limithing stage but try different things different settings and you fill get it:)
my first records sounded death couse of the L2 limiter i used and that was killing everything

Yes, that's what I found out, so much difference when you use L2 over it.
I have to figure out the nice way through the middle, it's cool you noticed this.
Even EQing will have to change by this, since compression can pump up or down those attacking highs.
I'm going to do my first record pretty soon.
Band is tracking down everything atm (DI's and midi drums).
Totally different genre though, power metal, but I'm still screwing around constantly so I can give them the best result as possible.

Yes, that's what I found out, so much difference when you use L2 over it.
I have to figure out the nice way through the middle, it's cool you noticed this.
Even EQing will have to change by this, since compression can pump up or down those attacking highs.
I'm going to do my first record pretty soon.
Band is tracking down everything atm (DI's and midi drums).
Totally different genre though, power metal, but I'm still screwing around constantly so I can give them the best result as possible.

try always different things and you will found out what is good and what is bad and if you need help with that power metal band we are always here to help :) cheers

well must say that the first one was better but without that commpresion.this track is just empty in the centar or the guitars are just way louder then everything else

Now I hear it again after two days leaving it alone, the first one sounds better in the mix, but it sounds a bit harsh to me.
I'm gonna give it another try this week with an SM57 (used an e906 on both clips)
I'll try to get it more like tone1 but without the harshness and less compression in the mix.