Persefone Removed from ProgPower USA XVI Roster

I normally don't like to suggest replacement bands at times like this because I kinda feel like I'm trying to take advantage of a shitty situation to impose a band that caters to my tastes at the expense of people who really were looking foward to the cancelled band

But I just got my ass kicked listening to the new Fear Factory album Genexus...
Dunno if the budget would be there for a touring national act like this,but they kinda would be in the same realm of what we lost in that they are in the technical/heavy style with growlies....but also this new CD is even more atmospheric and even borderline prog at times,and they are American...

I always thought they would be a great fit for this though the fact they tour all the time takes away from the exclusively of this fest,but at the same time every year I had wanted Sybreed to be part of this,and considering their producer(Rhys Fulbar)has been a major part of Fear FACTORY's sound since Demanufacture this would be kinda the same thing....

Alas,Glenn will probably announce the replacement by the time he reads this,and be out of his budget......

Glenn:
One thing you know is that a large percentage of your ticket buyers (VIPS and GBs especially) consider the cost of your show a "blind buy." This means we have total faith in you to bring the talent and provide us with a weekend of entertainment that cannot be missed, no matter who is on stage.

Because this is more than just about the bands.
It is about the camaraderie, and the closeness, and the shared joy of listening to the music that moves us, together.

That means, you are doing a kickass job. Do not despair. We have faith in you, and this festival, and know everything will be ok.

You da man.

I understand the frustration but most of us would be there regardless of who you book. For anyone that's been a few times, its an event and not specific bands. So we got your back Glenn.

Possible replacements to consider would be Enchant, Pamela Moore, Neal Morse, Joe Satriani, King's X, Steve Vai or The Winery Dogs.

I understand the frustration but most of us would be there regardless of who you book. For anyone that's been a few times, its an event and not specific bands. So we got your back Glenn.

Possible replacements to consider would be Enchant, Pamela Moore, Neal Morse, Joe Satriani, King's X, Steve Vai or The Winery Dogs.
No. Glenn replaces style for style. That's how the Sensei has always done it before.

I normally don't like to suggest replacement bands at times like this because I kinda feel like I'm trying to take advantage of a shitty situation to impose a band that caters to my tastes at the expense of people who really were looking foward to the cancelled band

But I just got my ass kicked listening to the new Fear Factory album Genexus...
Dunno if the budget would be there for a touring national act like this,but they kinda would be in the same realm of what we lost in that they are in the technical/heavy style with growlies....but also this new CD is even more atmospheric and even borderline prog at times,and they are American...

I always thought they would be a great fit for this though the fact they tour all the time takes away from the exclusively of this fest,but at the same time every year I had wanted Sybreed to be part of this,and considering their producer(Rhys Fulbar)has been a major part of Fear FACTORY's sound since Demanufacture this would be kinda the same thing....

Alas,Glenn will probably announce the replacement by the time he reads this,and be out of his budget......

Fear Factory would be way out of Glenn's budget at this spot. Although I'd love to see them and agree with you that their new album absolutely slays! As others have mentioned Ghost Ship Octavius would be great. How about Speaking To Stones? They're from the U.S. too I believe?

I appreciate all the kind words. I will say that a lot of names being thrown around are way out of budget for the available #2 slot. To further illustrate that, Soto was an anomaly to book. He really, really wanted to play the festival. That made a huge difference.

This is really disappointing. Morgana Lefay and Persefone were two of the bands I was most looking forward to, particularly because both are on the heavier end of the spectrum for the fest. I'm hopeful the replacement is on the heavier side as well, because I think it adds a nice dynamic and energy. Armored Saint and Saxon were great adds, so hopefully the replacement for Persefone can be as well.

Just curious if your joking or serious with some of your "options"? If you have been to this festival and understand the kind of bands that play to even suggest some of those names just isnt even close to a possible thing. Dont take offense, I don't know you (I don't think). The only band even viable in option to play this fest would be Enchant, which they have played before and are good friends of mine, and possibly Pamela Moore as she also guest appeared with Primal Fear but all the others and again my opinion do not fit this fest for what it is.

Bear

Who cares if those suggestons are unrealistic? The guy can express his opinion.

Anyway, I know I speak for many when I show my support for bringing Lance King back to the stage.

I hear that a band called Jag Panzer has reformed....

Judging by Glenn's latest post I kinda think this would fit the bil for what he might be thinking

I'm sadder to see these guys go than any of the previous bands this year, but I know it's not your fault.

I'm glad to see other people here reinforcing the fact that many of us go to the fest because it's mu'fuckin ProgPower, baby. I've gone every year that I could, and have never chosen not to go based on the linlineup. This fest is my extended family, and I know that is true for most of us. Next year's lineup could be nothing but Disney Princesses and cookie monsters, and I'd still go, because I love Glenn and Jen, I love Whitney, and I love my friends and family.
See you all in September!