ProgPower USA XVI Kick-Off Show -- Roster Announcement & Information

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
I am very proud to announce our line-up for 2015!

ProgPower USA Kick-Off Show
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Doors @ 5:30pm
Music @ 6:00pm

ALMAH
Edu Falaschi, formerly of Angra, has assembled this new band and returned to conquer heavy metal with a vengeance!

DRAGONLAND
from Sweden, first performance ever in the US! DRAGONLAND will be playing a full 90 minute set comprised of their amazing material spanning 15 years and 5 studio full-length releases!

DC COOPER
this year’s headliner, DC will play with his new DC Cooper Band, playing his solo work plus deep tracks from his lengthy, memorable career as a lead vocalist. This will be a FULL ELECTRIC SET, ***NOT*** an acoustic set.

VIP INFORMATION:
As with the main festival, all VIP sales go directly through me instead of through an outlet. Please email me at PLAZAGUY6FT5[at]gmail[dot]com. For this you get early access to the venue, front of barrier access and a catered sit-down dinner with the bands!

ULTRA-VIP INFORMATION:
This is my version of “Sponsorship.” The ULTRA-VIP package includes everything that a VIP gets plus sound-check access AND invitation to spend time with the bands on Wednesday night (the night before the show). Please understand that you must be in town by Wednesday, 9/9/2015, in order to enjoy all of the benefits of the Ultra-VIP. Ultra-VIPs also get input into future rosters. This package is EXTREMELY LIMITED. If you are interested, please email me at PLAZAGUY6FT5[at]gmail[dot]com.

GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS:
General Admission tickets may be purchased through TicketMaster starting on Saturday, November 1st at 10:00am. As always, my admission is tiered based on how soon you buy.

PHOTO & PRESS PASSES:
All requests for photograph and press passes must go directly through me. Email me at PLAZAGUY6FT5[at]gmail[dot]com.

I could not be more proud of this line-up! I hope to see you on Thursday, September 10, 2015 for what will be a truly incredible show.

For the love of the music,
Nathan “The SwordLord” Block
Atlanta Under the Sword
ProgPower USA Kick-Off Promoter
2013, 2014, 2015 & beyond

P.S. There is no spoon.

If you're on the fence about spending extra for the VIP passes, I can tell you that it was completely worth it.

I too am hoping this won't be an all acoustic set. I was at the DC Cooper all acoustic set of his solo cd at Progpower VI, which was pretty sparcely attended if I recall correctly. Which is shame because it was quite good. I'm a DC Cooper fan, so I will be going one way or another. I will say I heard a LOT of negative comments about this being the Thursday Headliner after the announcement though, I hope really this gamble pays off. Dragonland and Almah are fantastic. Best of luck Nathan!

I was a first time VIP this year and I concur with the above statement - it was totally worth it. I'm not familiar with Almah or Dragonland but what we heard in the video definitely got my attention!

I was Ultra-VIP this year and it was an absolute thrill! Nathan picked me and Taylor up in a huge all-black limo. The limo was so big that I thought that Aerosmith was picking me up. The inside of the limo had all the fancy lights and lounge cushioned couches that provided an excellent VIP rock star vibe.

Next we picked up Pagan's Mind and DGM. What a bunch of sweet dudes! They actually seemed a little shy to start with, but once the conversation started Taylor and I became the sixth member of each band. Nathan directed the driver to take us to a really nice steakhouse. (I don't know why I expected Pizza Hut. Happily I was way wrong.) We all sat at a long table.

I was extremely fortunate to sit between Nils and Jorn on one side of the table, and Simone on the other side of the table. I could tell that the guys were enjoying themselves. But you could also tell that they were focused on putting on their very best performance for the PP faithful, so they were pacing themselves. We spoke about family and travel. I am a huge Ritchie Blackmore fan, so when Jorn and Simone talked about his influence on the two of them, I was very pleased. Before I knew it, Jorn and Simone were air guitaring to a few of Ritchie's most memorable solos, plus a few that were personal favorites of theirs', like the solos in Never Before and The Gates of Babylon. Jorn told me that PM now has enough new material to release two albums. Half the material is extended proggy pieces and the other half is shorter more straight ahead metal.

I had a chance to speak with Nils about his European "The Voice" appearance. He said that the show’s promoter is a big metal fan, so that he wanted someone one to do a metal song - that is how Nils wound up doing Run for the Hills. He said that he was nervous and really felt the pressure to perform. It was great to see that while these guys are extremely talented, deep down inside they are like you and me. Also, Fabio, DGM's drummer, was sitting across from us. Nils said that Fabio is the only drummer that he knows who can almost drink himself under the table and then go on stage to deliver a flawless technical drumming extravaganza. Fabio just grinned.

As we drove to the Loft, I was able to have a chat with Steinar. He is such a sweet heart of a guy. While he is always a bit of a clown, you can tell that he is a very intelligent and compassionate person.

Trust me everyone: The Ultra VIP package is worth each and every cent. Thank you Nathan!:worship:

To everyone concerned about DC's set, it is a FULL ELECTRIC SET, not an acoustic set. The acoustic part of the video was something special that he did for the roster announcement --- it was not meant to be a reflection of the set he will actually perform on 9/10.

DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND DRAGONLAND

Awesome! Thanks Nathan! This IS something to get excited about! I think the overwhelming majority of folks assumed it was an acoustic show. (me included) I will spread the word among the peeps I know who attend the festival.

I hadn't listened to Almah in a while, but I've got Motion on right now. Forgot how good this album is. I would really love to see Edu live.

Sweet! A killer power metal / traditional metal lineup. I'm really not that much of a prog fan, so this lineup is perfect! Also, The idea of hearing some SILENT FORCE tunes absolutely rips! Nathan, you fucking rule! First day ticket buyer here!

Hello! I've never been to a ProgPower before. I have a question : how long will Almah and Dragonland play?

They're two of my favorite bands and I'd really like to see them, but knowing how much they'll play will help me decide whether to make the trip to Atlanta or not.

Thanks a lot!

Hello! I've never been to a ProgPower before. I have a question : how long will Almah and Dragonland play?

They're two of my favorite bands and I'd really like to see them, but knowing how much they'll play will help me decide whether to make the trip to Atlanta or not.

Thanks a lot!

Don't be. I'm giving DRAGONLAND a full 90-minute set. DC will play 2 hours. Almah will play 1 hour.

Everybody is going to get their money's worth no matter what band they come out for! :cool:

Straight from the promoter.