Peter's bands/projects

paINflames

Sep 9, 2003
Bonn, Germany
Visit site
Well, I'm looking for all the stuff Peter took part in. Obviously I know Hypocrisy, Pain and The Abyss. I also got to know Lock Up which is pretty cool imo and I'm also waiting for the new Bloodbath album. But when surfing through the net I came across some other names which I've never heard of before. These are:
War (an allstar Black Metal project with Peter, Mikael and Lars involved, as I learned)
Algaion (Peter on drums on their Vox Clamentis EP)
Arckanum (with Peter on vocals on Fran Marder)
Conquest (his first band afaik)
Meltdown.
While I was able to get at least a vague description of the first three, I didn't manage to find out anything about Conquest and Meltdown, I don't even know what exactly Peter did for these bands. I also found out that Peter took part in Therion's A'arab...

Can anyone tell my some facts about all those bands? Please tell me wether they are any good because I don't want to spend time on searching a place where I can get the records, if they aren't worth the money!

Cheers, paINflames

Algaion : Vox Clamentis was a pretty good little disc. I always thought the third track See What Is To Come was pretty bad ass, at least 8 years ago. Always meant to buy that cd, only have it on tape. Decent swedish BM.

Arckanum : Fran Marder...Peter does some monk vocal things on one of the songs toward the end of the disc. Besides that he produced the record I do believe. Arckanum is kind of redundant mid paced BM, but I always liked the vocals and the music enough to buy the cds.

Peter also did vocals on the Mactatus-Suicide album on one track.

Dont forget, Peter played guitar on "Total Destruction" on the Destruction cd "all hell breaks loose"

I know im forgeting a buttload of others
cheers
Eric

Yeah I know about Destruction! He also shares the chorus vox with Schmier in that song (it's actually called Total Desaster ;) ) and he does backing vocals on Destruction's The Antichrist! I also forgot to mention his appearence on Kataklysm's Serenity in Fire.
He really is a worcoholic freak *gg*

in my opinion, Peter Tagtgren is the best figure in metal today. IMO, he slightly edges out Dan Swano. He writes awesome songs, talented musician, and a cool dude (i got to talk to him for about 10 minutes after a show once). PETER RULES!!!!!!!

Peter did some guest vocals on the Naglfar-Album "Vittra"; the songs in which he took part are "Through The Midnight Spheres", "Emerging From Her Weepings" & "Vittra".

Naglfar : Vittra is bad ass.

Peter all did vocals on at least one of the tracks on Kataklysm's new record Serenity In Fire which is good album.