TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Artist: Pharaoh
Album: The Longest Night
Release Date: 2006
Label: The End Records

Looking at the back of the promo cover for this album and seeing the band members sporting W.A.S.P., Slayer, Thin Lizzy, and Voivod t-shirts you know that a major can of true traditional head banging heavy metal is about to be unleashed on you. When listening to this album I imagine a huge ship out at sea sailing into the night loaded with the truest of metal fans, lots of beer, and the flag of true heavy metal blowing around proudly with the night breeze. This is Pharaohs second album and an amazing follow up to the debut After the Fire. Tim Aymar of Control Denied fame is handling vocal duties and does an amazing job at it. The album kicks off with "Sunrise" clocking in at 8 plus minutes and setting the tone for a fine platter of metal to come. Iron Maiden harmonies are evident throughout the entire disc in addition to some killer, American power metal riffs, and some sheer speed reminiscent of early Helloween. "I Am the Hammer" has Manowar written all over it and would have made an excellent addition on Into Glory Ride. Let’s see these guys get out there and play some shows in the states.

http://www.metalasylum.net

Very good album, better than the debut that's already a very good album. Definitively recommended for true metalheads and followers of the old school.

'I Am The Hammer' and 'Fighting' are my faves so far.

NP: Megadeth - 'In My Darkest Hour'

I agree!!!! Thanks to Matt for letting me grab one at Powerfest!!! Kick ass album altough I am still digesting it!!!

Bear

booB said:
I have yet to see anyone say anything bad about this album. And deservedly so -- this is some great stuff.
I'm not going to say anything bad about it, but I haven't found it doing much for me. To me it just sounds like a lot of other stuff I already own. I've seen a lot of glowing reviews, but I'm not hearing it.

Britt