Phase inverting emulations

Klosure

Nov 26, 2009
I was in the dark a little on some tricks of the trade but I tried this and its just great.

2 tracks but 1 guitar (so duplicate), 1 with guitar rig the other with Eleven (try others), phase invert one of the DI tracks BEFORE either eleven or guitar rig.

much better tone, smoother deeper. This wont work for everything but I have found with something like the guitar rig 5 Rammstein and eleven basic settings it works so well particularly for rhythm.

Not sure why, the engineer just says it sounds better that way, and before you debate this fact he is a top engineer, not some cowboy.

It only really makes a difference I have found on higher gain tones, and has very different effects depending on the emulations you throw together.

yeah, if the gain stages of the amp(sim) aren't the same, then the phase can come out flipped.

I think the red/green channel on the 5150 has that issue, so you have to take care of that when you want to blend sounds of different amps/channels.

Right, sometimes you do this but it completely depends on your tracks/paths and their phase relationships whether the effect will be positive or negative. It's definitely not a universal rule.