Phil Anslemo

Down - no question

Superjoint has some pretty good tunes but their sound gets repetitive and a lot of the songs sound alike... Down on the other hand, has a great, classic sound... I saw 'em a couple years back in SF and they rocked! I hope they reunite someday and release more material!

I would too have to say Down because they have more feel than Superjoint. Superjoint is good but they are just like any other band that has elements of metal and punk. Down has that deep southern metal vibe to it and a blusey touch which makes it even more badass. No to mention Down II kicks some serious ass. :headbang:

Blind Thrasher said:
I would too have to say Down because they have more feel than Superjoint. Superjoint is good but they are just like any other band that has elements of metal and punk. Down has that deep southern metal vibe to it and a blusey touch which makes it even more badass. No to mention Down II kicks some serious ass. :headbang:

You can thank Pepper Keenan for that down-South feel...

Blind Thrasher said:
Including Pantera what else do you fucks think are this metal god's best bands: Down or Superjoint :headbang:
Metal god? My ass.

Down - They are good. Southern/sludge type of metal with some bluesy moments that even some Pantera haters I imagine can like.

Pantera - Yeah, every motherfucker here knows how I feel about them. Anything after Cowboys From Hell is great. I can emphasize enough how overrated CFH is.

Superjoint Ritual - WEAK

MURAI said:
Down - They are good. Southern/sludge type of metal with some bluesy moments that even some Pantera haters I imagine can like.

I might be interested in hearing that. I like a little bit of southern rock/blues thrown in if it is still heavy stuff. Phil's voice has sounded shot for years to me though, and I met the guy and thought he was pretty much a jack-ass, though Vinnie Paul was extremely cool.

Bryant

I don't care. I only thouroughly like two Pantera albums(Power Metal and Cowboys From Hell), I find Down pretty fucking boring and i think Superjoint just flat out sucks giant cock. I haven't liked Phil's vocals since Cowboys and he's only going downhill, both musically and physically and he annoys me. I couldn't care less about Phil Anselmo.

sixxswine said:
You can always count on Murai to blast someone....:tickled:
:D

I can't stand Anselmo praising himself in SJR though. Oh yeah I'm the king of metal and I'm going to bring on this metal/hardcore revolution :rolleyes:.