Photos/reviews of Nightwish shows in L.A.

Srontgorrth

Mar 28, 2006
Las Vegas
I'm not too into Nightwish but they were a really fun band to shoot; enjoy the pictures!

1DN_7497 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

1DN_7598 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

1DN_7591 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

1DN_7515 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

1DN_7504 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_5075 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_5071 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

1DN_7605 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

1DN_7534 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_5099 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_5043 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_5095 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

1DN_7521 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

Thanks for posting such great photos, especially the ones of Emppu and Marco directly looking at the camera.

Yeah, those are my favorites, always love when people do that. At first I got a few shots of Emppu staring into the cam, and I raised my horns at him, and he did it back, which turned out even cooler (though focused on his hand, but still an awesome shot).

Wow.. amazing photos! Thank you so much for posting here, I really enjoyed looking at them! I was there but I wasn't close enough to really catch the details!

My jealousy abounds, I would have loved to have had my "real camera" and my good lenses and your vantage point, instead of my little point and shoot. Beautiful pictures.

Thanks! Yeah I can't even imagine trying to shoot with a point and shoot (unless it was a high end Leica or one of Canon's higher end point and shoots). The downside of being a concert photographer is that I think if I ever go to a show where I don't have a photopass, it's hard to enjoy when you're thinking something like "that would have been such an awesome shot" etc, and the other downside is that once I am done shooting (almost always after the first three songs), and it's general admission/there's a pit, I can't get up close with the rest of the crowd.

I have never had a photopass to any shows, I am primarily a portrait photographer, but I still spend the show thinking about the awesome shots I could be getting, downfall of being a photographer I guess. I hear you on not being able to really get into the show after shooting, which is part of why I have never pursued concert photography, I love being part of the crowd, and you can't do that with a camera. I brought the point and shoot to the show more for photos of the people I was hanging out with, not the show itself, because for that it is worthless.

Also I stalked your Flickr because I was curious as to what camera body you were using, I love Canons, my primary body is the 1Ds Mark III.

I have never had a photopass to any shows, I am primarily a portrait photographer, but I still spend the show thinking about the awesome shots I could be getting, downfall of being a photographer I guess. I hear you on not being able to really get into the show after shooting, which is part of why I have never pursued concert photography, I love being part of the crowd, and you can't do that with a camera. I brought the point and shoot to the show more for photos of the people I was hanging out with, not the show itself, because for that it is worthless.

Also I stalked your Flickr because I was curious as to what camera body you were using, I love Canons, my primary body is the 1Ds Mark III.

Well I can still get in, I just can't a good spot, which, with bands I really enjoy, sucks! Though in some cases I can check in my gear etc. And yeah, I was using a 1d Mark II N and a 40D, a 70-200 2.8L and a 17-50 2.8. The 1ds series is awesome too (though I want a 1DX more than anything right now, haha, or a 5d mark iii). I had a 1ds Mark II which I do miss, but I think I'd prefer a 5d Mark II over a 1ds Mark III - I still don't get why the 1ds Mark III is still as expensive as it is. But the 1d is great for photojournalistic work, which I do a lot of.

That shot of Emmpu pointing at the camera is perfect. I remember you taking that shot. :headbang:

Haha awesome!

Just a wild guess, but I suppose her make-up is related to the movie. A detail from a character appearing in there.

This may be true, but that doesn't mean I have to say I think it's totally awesome if I feel that simple is best.

LOL, did I just tell you above to like it? I didn't even say my opinion, was just thinking aloud about the possible origin of her appearence. We all have opinions and what you, or anyone, think about her make-up is ok with me. Peace and respect! :)

The dress looks nice, it does look better then what she wore at the Key club, but I think that dress would have been too much for the "secret gig". The sleeves and the chains are awesome! Has Anette usually been known to change her otufit during one show or does she wear the same outfit all through the show?