Photos, videos & stuff from 2012 Imaginarum tour in Europe & Summer Festivals

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005

It's time to open a new single thread for all pics, videoclips, links and interviews etc. related to Nightwish's Imaginaerum European tour and Concerts at the 2012 summer festivals.

When you post pics and stuff here, please make sure you clearly state from where and when pics and vids are taken. Thanks.

The full tour schedule can be viewed *here*

The first leg covering Finland will start today, March 2. at the Sports Areena in Joensuu, the dates are as follows:

Imaginaerum Finland 2012

March 02. Areena, Joensuu (Finland)
Support: Poisonblack

March 03. Vuokattihalli, Sotkamo (Finland)

March 04. Teatria, Oulu (Finland)

March 09. Paviljonki Areena, Jyväskylä (Finland)

March 10. Jäähalli, Helsinki (Finland)

March 11. Hakametsän halli, Tampere (Finland)

To get started, Nightwish's CD-mastering wizard Mika Jussila has taken a few nice photos at the rehearsals during this week and kindly posted them on his Facebook page.

A couple of Mika's pics to to show what they're up to.

427512_189719857803478_100192006756264_308688_1883678120_n.jpg

Mika Jussila said it'll be the biggest stage production any Finnish band ever has made - and by looking the assets on the stage it may well be true. A huge video screen at the back, around 50 spotlights up there, pyros to burn the whole city and what else we will see...

This is Tuomas's new "office". I thought that he traded those mock pipe organs with Mickey Mouse from the Fantasia movie :D

428092_189720067803457_100192006756264_308691_157951709_n.jpg

We have a great picture on our Facebook of the band spending time in their rehearsal room! :)

Kiitos Enigma; the stage show looks stunning and I only wish I could be at any one of these shows. If Gibson was any indicator as to what the rest of the tour will be, you're all going to have the most amazing time!!!

To everyone going to the Helsinki show (I know Michele is going, and I'm pretty sure Enigma is too; not sure if you are too, Pere): Please send us back as many details about the show as you can! Pictures are always nice, but if that isn't possible, try to retain as much as you can in your memory!!! I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait for you guys to see the shows!!!

Try to get a close up shot of Emppu's new guitar. :D It looked very nice in the photo on facebook, but his arm was blocking most of it from view. I'll miss the old purple banshee, but this new blue one looks very nice indeed. :oops: My favorite color.

show_photo.php

Anette posted a photo of Emppu's guitar - you can sort of see the setlist behind it. Compared it to the Gibson set, the first 5 songs at least are the same. But it gets a little muddled and different in the middle!

European Tour opening gig March 02. 2012 at the Sports Areena, Joensuu, Finland

Areena, Joensuu, March 02. 2012 setlist:

Taikatalvi (Marco sings as intro)
Storytime
Wish I Had an Angel
Amaranth
Scaretale
The Siren (solo: Tutankhamen)
Slow Love Slow
I Want My Tears Back
The Crow, the Owl and the Dove
The Islander
Nemo (semi-acoustic, solo: AFF)
Intro + Last of the Wilds
Planet Hell (solo: Stargazers/Gethsemane)
Song of Myself
Last Ride of the Day
-- Encore
The Poet and the Pendulum
Finlandia
Over the Hills and Far Away
-- Outro
Imaginaerum

Not much changes compared to the Gibson gig. Obviously the synchronizing their huge amount of backing tracks, video, pyros, smoke, confetti and fireworks etc. really don't allow too many changes in the setlist as everything must happen precisely to avoid accidentally burning someone's arse if at wrong spot on the stage.

First uploaded videos found on Youtube. Awesome! Look at all the props they have got on stage. Love the beginnign with Marco singing Taikatalvi on a... see yourself!

Entrance song Taikatalvi followed by Storytime

Nemo (semi-acoustic)

Planet Hell

Must be hot on stage! :devil: Looks like they have at least doubled the amount pyros after the Gibson gig!

The last encore songs. The gig closing with Finlandia and Over The Hills And Far Away + bows to the crowds

Edit: Setlist

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a live clip of the birdie song? :p It will help me choreograph my city video. South Park fans will know why I've decided to call it that. :lol:

^ I hate to say it, as I was raised to be polite, but I agree! :lol: There are some pretty good ones popping up lately though. :zzz: All the people who know what they're doing are going to put theirs up later on. Dammit. :lol:

Nightwish March 04. 2012 at Club Teatria, Oulu, Finland

They had moved The Last Ride Of The Day to gig closer and first Anette introduced it as The Last Ride For To-Day and then decided to re-text the song as she completely forgot the first verse, then blushed heavily but like a pro kept singing whatever words instead. LOL, happens to the best of us... :Smokedev:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more than happy if they played the same setlist as in Joensuu, even though my 2 least favourite NW songs were on it. As long as they don't leave out the "Birdie" song and "The last ride of the day".
Of the old era songs, I hope they play "Over the hills" because Anette does a great job! It surprises me though that they chose to play the "Birdie" song and "Islander" back-to-back. 2 slow songs in a row, and a semi-acoustic Nemo after that? I'm delighted that they perform "Taikatalvi" live as well, but I guess that is here in Finland only.
The Joensuu set looked amazing, so I'm very very very excited! My very first NW concert! I hope my niece will take some nice pics for me to put in here, but I won't promise anything.
And I'm so happy the concert is on a Saturday!

I'd prefer they play the ballads all in a row myself. But rather it be Slow, Love, Slow - Crow, Owl, Dove - Islander. The whole acoustic Nemo thing though...as I watched the video above my head kept saying "No! No! No! No! No!". It's just not good, maybe because I know what it's suppose to sound like.

Is anyone ever gonna talk to Anette about her stage presence? It's a rock show, what's she doing with the weird moving? Reminds me of Elaine from Seinfeld dancing, tough to watch.

The whole stage setup looks sweet and the whole organ prop with Tuomas's keyboards is so awesome. I want that in my living room :lol:. I hope they make a live dvd from one of these shows with the same quality production of "End Of An Era".

I would love it if they just skipped "SLS" myself, because after trying to give it many chances, I just really dislike it. Personally I've never been a fan of the Islander, but it's not bad either. I take the "Islander" over "SLS" anyday! But if they are going to perform the "SLS" on Saturday, like UMadBro, I prefer it to be before the "Birdie" song. For me, listening to the last tour version of "Nemo" on youtube, I definitely prefer this acoustic version.
I'm surprised how well it's turned out!
Now when are they going to let go of "I wish I had an angel"??

As for Anette's stage presence; if I understood it correctly, she's danced through the last tour, so I don't think she'll stopp dancing. I actually like her dancing, because compared to my dancing, she dances fantastically LOL.

I too wish they'll make a DVD of one of these shows, maybe from the Ice hall show on Saturday?

Greetings from the Helsinki show! A great experience, I might drop a line or two about it later, now I need some sleep...