Nemo
(with Troy Donockley) (Acoustic)
Last of the Wilds
(with Troy Donockley)
Planet Hell
Ghost River
Dead to the World
Over the Hills and Far Away
(Gary Moore cover) (with Troy Donockley)
Encore:
Finlandia
(Jean Sibelius cover) (with Troy Donockley)
Song of Myself
Last Ride of the Day

They've quit doing Poet, and this marks the first inclusion of Come Cover Me!

I'm glad that they didn't do "Come cover me" in Helsinki. It's one of my favourite old-era songs and Tarja's voice is perfect for the song. That said, I guess I should try to give Anette a break here, but from what I heard on youtube, it didnn't sound that good. Maybe they should do a remake of it like they did with Nemo.

Thank heavens for the new setlist! Now if they'd just get rid of Amaranth and WIHAA. :p

And I didn't mean it quite like that about the shirt. It's just that he's the only one and it's every show. :lol: I don't remember him doing that on the previous tours, so it seemed out of character. Hell, even Marco is mixing it up from show to show. I can understand him not dragging a whole boutique along with him on the road. :lol: I suppose I just thought he'd have more than one outfit for shows. Especially since he seems to perspire a bit more than average, you'd think he'd want a spare around as the one will likely wear out quickly with that kind of wear and tear as well as the daily washing, and due to their strenuous schedule going out and having to buy a perfect stage shirt for a guy his size on short notice might be unpleasant... I suppose I'm just the type who'd rather cram one extra shirt in my suitcase than risk being shirtless if something happened to the one. If it were to be torn or have something spilled on it right before a show he'd have to just go like that if he didn't have a spare on hand. But then, maybe he does and that's why he's just wearing the one. :lol: By god the man has a system.

Unfortunately the clips that my niece took at the show cannot for some reason be sent from her phone to her computer. That sucks!

They finally brought back Come Cover Me! Marco joins in on vocals.. and some cool parts from Troy! This is pretty awesome.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-gRBfrnWE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-gRBfrnWE[/ame]

^Oooh, awesome!

Well, Tuomas *did* tell us that they rehearsed it, and no sense in rehearsing something if you don't plan on playing it... ;)

I f*ckin' *love* Anette's pants/boots (?)!!!
horns.gif

well, i was at the show in Düsseldorf yesterday evening and it was even better than i imagined!
it was my second nightwish gig after one during the dpp world tour. at first i wasn't quite sure about going because of the price...50€! but then i bought my ticket weeks ago and went together with some friends.
as we arrived 1 1/2 h before the entrance there were already some hundred fans waiting and the queue grew quite fast.
everything started on time and the support act eklipse already started half an hour before we expected them to start. at that point the ISS dome seemed to be almost sold out (which would be about 12,500 people)!
about the support acts: eklipse...who the hell chose them as a support act on a heavy metal concert??? believe me, i really enjoy their music, but that's nothing to play in front of more than 10,000 people and to warm the audience up for a rock concert! however, i have to admit i liked the outfit of the ladies :p
after 25 minutes their set was over and only 5 minutes later Battle Beast entered the stage... an epic intro was followed by a nice heavy metal show...nothing really new, but heavy metal so it was okay.
Right after their set (even before the drummer had the chance to throw his drumsticks into the audience) the curtain was lowered so that you couldn't really see what was happening on stage.
After maybe 20 minutes the lights went down and marco started the gig with taikatalvi...amazing feeling ;-)
The setlist was basically the same as before with come cover me instead of the siren. The best moment was the beginning of Scaretale! The child choir in the beginning really gave me goosebumps!
All in all the show was just fun, you could really see how much the band enjoyed the show and the atmosphere was amazing! The pyros, Troy, the huge screen in the background, everything was just perfect! The only negative aspect was that the show was by far too early over ;-) They could have played maybe one or to older songs more.
All in all, the support acts like Indica and PAIN on the last tour were by far better, but the Nightwish gig itself was maybe the best concert i ever attended!

well i only had my mobile with me and i took exactly ONE picture...which is wiggly:D i also filmed a short sequence of the islander as i was stunned by all the lights! but again, poor quality!

Just wanted to add that they switched up the setlist again near the end of the European tour. Somewhere along the line they included Come Cover Me, as I previously reported. But I have now found evidence they have brought back Dark Chest of Wonders, and Ever Dream!

So FUCKING excited for the US tour!

^ Likewise. :D I really hope they'll be able to snag John Two Hawks for the US tour also. Creek Mary's Blood is one of my very favorites and I've never gotten to see it live... Being on the East coast I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes too high for that one since I believe he lives on a Lakota reserve... Which would be over in... South Dakota? That sounds about right. :lol: They're an upper plains tribe, but I can't remember for the life of me where their reserve wound up... As a Native myself I'm a little ashamed to have forgotten; my own tribe lived next door to them for crying out loud! :lol: And I still managed to lose them. Grrr... South Dakota sounds right though... Meh, I digress anyway, point is he's not exactly living down the street from NYC or Philly, so they may not want to drag him all the way over there... :(

^We've already been told by JTH's webmaster that if he plans to be on any of the tour stops, OSA will be the *first* to know! :D Not only that, but he told us that JTH had planned to be at the Gibson show, but he played a sold-out show on the East Coast the night before and could not make it on such short notice. :( But since he does play all over the world, you never know at which Nightwish shows he'll make an appearance. ;)

Desi: That's awesome news! I really hope "Dead to the World" makes it back to the setlist too.

metal-trails.com had a nice, interesting and loooong (28:30) chat with Marco at O2-World in Hamburg, Germany on May 03. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
^We've already been told by JTH's webmaster that if he plans to be on any of the tour stops, OSA will be the *first* to know! :D Not only that, but he told us that JTH had planned to be at the Gibson show, but he played a sold-out show on the East Coast the night before and could not make it on such short notice. :( But since he does play all over the world, you never know at which Nightwish shows he'll make an appearance. ;).
Ooh I hope so! :oops: