Photos, videos & stuff from 2012 Imaginarum tour in Europe & Summer Festivals

^ But you just said he may make it out East. :p Don't give up hope. Maybe set up a petition. :lol: ... Or a mob. :D We want John! We want John!

^I had to scroll back up to see where I said that, and I actually said that he had a sold-out show on the East Coast the night before the Gibson gig, and that's why he wasn't able to make it at the last minute. :(

But his webmaster says he plays everywhere, so who knows where he might turn up, depending on his tour schedule? I certainly wouldn't mind if he managed to make it to the West Coast shows; I was just saying that it seems like the times he has played with the band, they've all been shows in the Midwest.

Too bad he couldn't just become an unofficial member of the band like Troy has. Our "unofficial" mascot! :lol:

A couple of new interviews with and Tuomas. <------ click!

Thanks to TotalRockRadio/Michelle and Carl Begai respectively.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy-ho, just back from the Ruisrock festival in my hometown. I hesitated to go but went anywhere, and so did ca. 30,000 other people as well. NW gave us a pretty awesome gig. I might put down a line or two about it and load some photos if anyone is interested.

Yes, please share!!! I'd love to put the photos on the OSA site, if you'd let me.

Just less than 3 months away...I am so psyched!!!
free-happy-smileys-302.gif

Sorry, guys, took a while...

This years&#8217;s Ruisrock festival, one of the two oldest in Europe and the 43rd in order by the way, attracted a total of 63,000 people, and the biggest crowd of ca. 30,000 was in attendance on Saturday 7th July &#8211; when NW was the headliner and the last act of the night on the main stage.

The setlist:
Storytime
Wish I Had an Angel
Amaranth
Scaretale
I Want My Tears Back
Come Cover Me
Finlandia
(Jean Sibelius cover)
Planet Hell
Dark Chest of Wonders
Nemo
Over the Hills and Far Away
(Gary Moore cover)
Song of Myself
Last Ride of the Day

Nothing new really, but a solid, good set nevertheless. I was particularly happy to hear Dark Chest, one of their very best IMO. I think the crowd was pretty into it, particularly for a Finnish crowd. But then again it wasn&#8217;t only Finns; a Hungarian guy and several Chinese people stood next to me.

What I very much like about NW is the diversity of the fan base; the front row was solidly manned by mostly teenagers, but the Hungarian guy was prolly a bit older than me, maybe mid-40s, and a Finnish chap right behind us was at least 15 years senior of me. And everyone was enjoying the show and being into it, great fun. I got all sweaty, felt the heat of the pyro (ca. 3rd row), lost my voice pretty much and I&#8217;m feeling somehow rejuvenated. Wifey of course is laughing at me, but hey, there&#8217;s always a price to pay.

This festival experience was actually the first one for me since like 20-or-so years. I&#8217;ve got not entirely happy gig/festival memories from my teen years, got punched a couple of times and such, so I was a bit apprehensive at first about going at all. I was pleasantly surprised &#8211; yeah, Finns still drink a lot, but didn&#8217;t see a single aggressive person, everyone I talked with was actually friendly and the general atmosphere was cheerful. I might go again, especially for NW.

C, how do I go about with the photos? Email them to you or can I load to the site directly? Which size, any other requirements? Captions possible/wanted?

C, how do I go about with the photos? Email them to you or can I load to the site directly? Which size, any other requirements? Captions possible/wanted?

You can e-mail them to me; make sure they're .gif or .jpg; if they're too big I can use PicResize.com to shrink them down. If you want to add captions, just specify in the e-mail which caption go to which photo. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if there's an option to add captions in the Gallery, so I will have fun trying to find out!

Thanks Pere!

Congrats on your tickets, Taimi! Just 3 months away for us North American fans!

Thanks for thanks, Taimi, and I'm happy for your success in ticket hunt. I guess the production, pyros and all, will be smaller in the US, but your upside will be more intimate venues.

Yeah, Federal law states that pyro must be at least 15 feet from people that can be hurt, including the band. That happened because of the Station Fire in 2001 with Great White. Most city firecodes require at least 25 feet between firebombs and peeps. Safety before spectacle, lest you become James Hetfield.

Awww... You mean no grilled Emppu? :cry: Now what will I do with that tub of sauce I bought?