pic: man caught spanking it on subway

If you get traumatized by the sight of a man jerking his willy, you have problems.

If a woman got onto the subway, same car as me, and began fingering herself, I certainly wouldn't be traumatized. Turned on / off, depending on her attractiveness, and possibly disgusted, but not traumatized. Some people just love whinging.

I think you have a very serious misunderstanding of sexual assault!

and...

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/341793p-291829c.html

A subway flasher caught in the act on a cell phone camera may have been arrested in 1994 for exposing himself at one of the same subway platforms he hit recently, sources told the Daily News.

Six victims in addition to the cell phone user have told police they were flashed by the man whose photo appeared on the front page of Saturday's Daily News.

And a dozen tipsters said they believe the suspect is Dan Hoyt, co-owner of raw-food restaurants called Quintessence.

Hoyt, 43, was arrested in 1994 and charged with public lewdness after he unzipped and flashed a victim at what was then the N platform at Manhattan's Eighth St. subway station, sources said.

He eventually pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to two days of community service.

Hoyt reneged yesterday on a promise to come in and talk to cops, so police were on the hunt for the wayward restaurateur.

Hoyt's alleged victims were shocked to hear he had been targeting the same subway station for more than a decade. Four of the seven women who told The News they were flashed said it happened at the Eighth St. station.

"I felt violated, and I kept walking because I just wanted not to be underground with him," said a 29-year-old restaurant owner who said both she and her younger sister were targeted at the Eighth St. station in the past six months.

A sandy-haired man had followed her, asked for directions to Brooklyn and then started masturbating, she said.

A law student working in the city this summer said she suffered the same indignity when a man approached her in the Eighth St. station. As he fumbled with a map, he started masturbating.

"I recognized him instantly. No doubt. His image is burned in my memory forever," the law student said when she saw the photo in the Daily News.

All of the alleged victims credited Thao Nguyen, who was quick-thinking enough to snap a picture with her cell phone when the man flashed her on the uptown R train Aug. 19.

"I'm so glad that woman took the picture," the law student said. "I wouldn't even have thought of it."

as a girl that's been through this, (not with this particular dude) i'd say it's different for guys. not like i go home and cry, but it's really scary when you're by yourself and some dude is doing that, you're thinking "is he a rapist?" you feel like you're not safe anywhere, like your personal space and whatever has 0 value. about a year ago, maybe a little more, i had a business guy do this on the C train when i was going to see a friend, and i was TERRIFIED because i couldnt figure out what to do and everyone was just ignoring him, but he was looking RIGHT at me. i was really afraid he'd follow me off the train AND HE DID, and i had to go up to the person in the token booth and ask them for help and then he ran away. it's fucked up.
it's the same mentality of saying that a girl should be FLATTERED when a random guy on the street starts making gross sexual gestures at her and/or yelling stuff or making kissing noises. it's NOT flattering it's threatening because around here there are enough psychos where a girl has to constantly be aware of what's going on or else something really bad could happen (and unfortunately it does all the time).

FalseTodd said:
my ex always said she could remember the one specific day she lived in NYC when she didn't get harrassed - election day - other than that - every damn day

yea i really can't think of a day in the past year at least that someone hasn't said something utterly disgusting and scary to me.
more times than not i am freaked out walking around alone.

With a smirk on his face and a sneer in his voice, accused subway pervert Dan Hoyt shrugged off the sex charges against him as he left a Manhattan courthouse yesterday.

"It's a misdemeanor," the Manhattan restaurateur arrogantly told a Daily News reporter after being arraigned on four counts of public lewdness.

Hoyt, 43, who owns two raw-food eateries called Quintessence, is accused of exposing himself to four women on subway trains and platforms between October and August.

One victim was appalled at his glib remark. "What he has done was so disrespectful to women," said Thao Nguyen, 23, who helped cops catch Hoyt.

"Perhaps his smug attitude and total lack of remorse may influence the judge's sentence? If there's ever been an example of a guy who deserves the full three-month prison sentence, he's it."

When the flasher started fondling himself on an R train on Aug. 19, Nguyen snapped a photo of him with her camera phone and posted it on the Internet.

After the picture ran on the front page of The News last week, dozens of tipsters called to say the blond-haired man with the creepy grin was Hoyt.

Hoyt lay low and avoided the cops for three days but surrendered Wednesday and was picked out of a lineup by Nguyen and three other women.

At his arraignment in Manhattan Criminal Court, his lawyer argued he should be released without bail - and the judge asked if he had turned himself in at the first opportunity.

The attorney, Michael Bachner, said he did, but the prosecutor quickly corrected the record.

"Once the defendant was identified he did not immediately turn himself in," Assistant District Attorney Priscilla Steward said, "but he did eventually surrender."

Judge Neil Ross set bail at $5,000, which was posted by Hoyt's business partner, Tolentin Chan, who also is his ex-wife.

Hoyt smiled and yawned through the brief hearing, and sported a self-satisfied look as he left the courthouse - but became camera-shy when he spotted photographers.

He faces up to three months in jail if convicted of public lewdness, a misdemeanor - which is more than the two days of community service he got when he was busted for unzipping underground in 1994.

Although only four women were called in for lineups this week, police say they have located at least two more alleged victims and are investigating calls from other straphangers who believe they were flashed by the same man.

With Alison Gendar

yeah seriously last week i was like "i wanna go check out quintessence now!" and then i was like "wait a minute. creepy sex offenders who get off on invading other peoples' senses of security with their sexual behavior are probably not the people who should be preparing your (raw!) food".