pick problem

soulshred

Dec 7, 2003
Boston, MA
hi,does anyone know where does M.Romeo keeps his pick while he does tapping stuff.I watched his videos carefully put couldnt figure out.He must be keeping it somewhwere close because he can chance very quickly from tapping to picking.I just throw away my pick while ı start tapping.thats why ı need to find an other way.Oh and which brand and material of strings he uses.thanks

He keeps his pick in his fingers, just like he would if he were normally picking and he taps with the middle finger, requiring no movement of the pick. That's the way I do it. It's also cool to learn to use the ring finger too, to extend tapping runs.

actually thats the problem.ı watched 2 or three videos and he was always tapping with his first finger.but thanks serge what you told is a very good solution for me too.

I'm pretty sure what mike is doing with the pick is moving it to his middle finger where he grips it in that middle section between the finger tip and the base. It's pretty akward, at least at first, but I think he does it to either mute the strings with his other fingers better or to make his tapping runs look really bad ass. I tried holding the pick and tapping like that for a few days but it wasn't working out for me, so I just went with not moving the pick and using the middle finger to tap.

yeah, i would imagine he sandwiches it in his middle finger there, but i don't really know - that's the only way i can think of right now to tap with the index and hide the pick close - it was pretty natural for me, i don't know why...