pick ups

Opus(sy)2

Dead and dripping
Jul 8, 2002
South England
Visit site
yo............what pick ups do people use.........my jackson has got emg 81s because of that screaming lead tone which i love.........my fender has got seymour duncan jbs which give it a great tone

i just want to know what other people use :)

I have one guitar with EMG's (81(b)/SA/85(n)), which are nice for really thick metal type tone untill the battery runs out ;)

Then two 7's with Dimarzio BlazeII's, which I must say I quite like the sound of, although sometimes they don't cut through as well as I'd like them to...

Then one guitar with Dimarzio evolutions which are too harsh for my liking and I think I am going to get myself some seymour duncans instead :)

The other guitars contain no-nam stockers or no pickups ;)

My Jackson Custom Warrior has dual 81's .... they sound great for just about everything.
My Custom KV has BL500xls, and I'm removing them to put an 85b, 81n...
MY Custom Soloist has Seymor Duncan TB4 bridge SH1N neck... and gets great 80's metal tones...
I have a lot of guitars with standard Jackson pickups... The Jackson J-95 and J-50's are my favorites of theirs...

I think I like the tones of an EMG with a PA-2 boost circuitry the best.

I don't know about the Ibanez, or their pickups... Some people love them.

I think some of their guitars are nice, but I am quite anti-Ibanez.

Their pricing scheme is way out of line. You can get CUSTOM USA Warmoth, GMW or Carvin for the price they ask for their Import Jems and higher end S-series stuff.

You can get USA Jacksons for around the same price too.

I also particulalry don't care for ESP either, which hasn't made a production or custom USA guitar in nearly a decade.

Personally, I prefer USA or European manufactured guitars. Japanese stuff is great, but ESP and Ibanez charge just too much.

Then again, I'm a Jackson Fanatic. Best guitars on Earth, IMO.

Originally posted by Metal is Religion
would you say the standard ibanez pickups are good?

depends what model.,..in my experience with standard Ibanez pickups, they tend to make the sound muck together when you want to go fast.,.,i love seymour ducans.,.

Ok, I've got a B.C. Rich Platinum series Warlock. In you guys' opinion, are the stock pickups any good? I can't really tell cuz' I'm playing through the shitty Fender practice amp I got when I started playing. And if not, what pickup's would you suggest?

Stock pickups on most of my USA Jacksons are awesome. I don't like the Bill Lawrence 500xl's in my Custom KV... I did at first, but way too much midrange, and muddly bottom end.

I think I'm going to replace them with a SD TB4 in the bridge and a JB neck, or go with emgs 81/85 85/81... dunno yet.

I have a BC Rich Warlock (NJ) with Dimarzio pickups. I don't really know which modells (in fact I don't know much about different pickups at all....). I think they sound pretty good. I heard alot about EMGs (especially 81 and 85) but didn't try them myself so far. What do you think about EMGs or Seymour Duncans compared to Dimarzios?

i have a emg 81 in my baritone.
& a duncan 59 & dimarzio tone zone in my dean ML.
i love the emg, i love the tone zone. the 59 just isin't high enough output for my liking, but i dunno what i really expected from it. heh.