guitar pick-ups

1Time

Feb 26, 2003
USA
Visit site
Hello...I know there are a lot of guitar players on the forum so I thought I'd ask....what pick-ups for my guitar would you reccomend for the best metal sound...I"m looking for something high-output that produces harmonics easily. I currently have the seymour duncans that came with my Jackson DK-2. I have thought about the seymour duncan Livewire metal pickup. Anyone ever use this? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

What about EMGs ? the EMG 81 and 85 in particular, plenty of metal guitarists use the 81 and 85 in combination.. I believe they require a change of volume pots as well though, I think ? someone correct me on this :)

25k pots, versus the normal 500k that come with humbuckers. EMG's are great imo. Some ppl hate them because they claim they have a sterile sound...which they kinda do, but its made for metal..so oh well. Each EMG produces a clean response to the output of the guitar, because it has a pre-amp inside of it, clearing the signal. I love dual 81's, while most ppl hate this combo. Most prefer an 81 and an 85. 81 in the bridge, 85 in the neck. Some like it reverse. Its all up to you. Try a duncan distortion if you want more gain, but a passive pickup. I hate dimarzio, so I wont mention much about them. Try some EMG's, or a duncan. EMG's -are- going to be more upscale and pricey, but very cool. You must have a 9 volt battery and a stereo output jack installed on your guitar. The battery lasts for about 6 months, if you play hard. Longer if you dont. You can also wire two 9 volts together for a hotter sound, and more output. Lots of options. The livewire duncans are OK at best. If you want active pups, go EMG.

I depends if you like having more low, mid or high. I was using EMG81 for almost a year, and I found it very cool and sustainable. Nowadays Im using custom Merlin Trash/Custom pickups, which are only 23 around the world. They were handcrafter for the band called Vader, if ya know :D

Get yourself a pleasure to check all the pickups at some music workshop. It will defenetly help, you

BodomiC said:
I depends if you like having more low, mid or high. I was using EMG81 for almost a year, and I found it very cool and sustainable. Nowadays Im using custom Merlin Trash/Custom pickups, which are only 23 around the world. They were handcrafter for the band called Vader, if ya know :D

Get yourself a pleasure to check all the pickups at some music workshop. It will defenetly help, you
Well you lucky bastard!(?) Vader IS a pretty cool band!!! Kudus to you! :)

HEY NOW! learn to spell it right! *goes into teacher mode*

Kudos....repeat.. Kuuuuuuudooooooose.

Good job! A star for you!
*exit teacher mode*
=p =p =p