Picking chops.....

Personally I go for bone-less chops like these ones:

pork_chops.jpg

But I heard that pork chops with bones cook more thoroughly.

Great question!

I'm always interested in others thoughts and advice on this topic as well. I have my own thoughts on this subject which I may contribute after Chris answers this post.

Kel

Shredfiend said:
Chris,
Any tips, tricks, or advice on developing massive right hand(alt. picking) chops?
WOW!!!
that is a huge question and one that I would ansewer differently within a 2 week time frame. The reason being that I am always evaluating what needs work in my picking. I will always recomend that you use a metronome, and use different beat divisions (I.E if you pick sixtuplets you can divide it by 1, 2 and 3 meaning if you divide it by 1 you will play the whole sixtuplet per beat, if divided by 2 you will play a triplet per beat for a total of 2 beats, if divided by 3 you get 2 eighth notes per beat for a total of 3 beats). This will cause you to recognize and accent different notes within the sixtuple making sure they are clear. I have heard to many speed deamons playing sixtulets, where you can really only make out one or 2 notes. And finally practice slow, make sure you have the mechanics down first, because anyone can play fast, it's comes down to how clean and clear you can make it.
hope this helps, Chris.

Also another great tip is to not flex your thumb and index finger or in other words the picking motion should NOT come your fingers!!It should come from the wrist!