Pickup replacement ! plz help

ahtuks

Feb 14, 2008
my buddy wants to replace the pickups on his epiphone cause they really lacking attack, power and fatness ... yep, sounding like low output pickup.
when i plug my jackson in to his amp , it sounds killer:heh:. epiphone sounds like crunchy crap.:puke:
he wants similar design of the humbucker. looks like it have to be a EMG.
so we playing some lower tuned metal and some fat, roaring , hot EMG is needed.
can anybody give an advice which one we can take ?

What kind of Jackson do you have? If it's a specific model, we might be able to figure out what pickups are in it. A lot of Jacksons, and Ibanez's recently, have black plastic covers on thier pickups and it makes them resemble EMG's when they are just normal passives. There's a good chance you might just have EMG-HZ's in your Jackson, but I don't know for sure because I don't know what your guitar really is or how old. Does the pickup have writing on it? EMG's say it on the pickup. So do EMG-HZ's (passives). Another big hint if it's active pickups is if you have to replace a battery. If not, it's passive. There are also active Duncans...the Blackouts are the most recent models, but they've had Livewires in the past (still might).

In other words...we need more info.

my buddy wants to replace the pickups on his epiphone cause they really lacking attack, power and fatness ... yep, sounding like low output pickup.
when i plug my jackson in to his amp , it sounds killer:heh:. epiphone sounds like crunchy crap.:puke:
he wants similar design of the humbucker. looks like it have to be a EMG.
so we playing some lower tuned metal and some fat, roaring , hot EMG is needed.
can anybody give an advice which one we can take ?

Dimarzio X2n / Tone Zone
Seymour Duncan JB / 59 (w/ black pickup covers)
Seymour Duncan Blackouts

Some pretty hot pickups. Good Luck!