Pickups - passive vs. active

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
Friends,

I use EMG 81 pickups in my guitar. The other guitarist in my band, who pees sitting down, uses seymour duncan or some 2nd tier shit like that. Are there any recording techniques I should know right off the bat when dealing with the two different types of pickups? Or is it just something that you don't even consider?

the only thing you should worry about is learning how to pee sitting down as well :loco: because passives kick ass :headbang:

I just can't stand 81's in any high-end sort of amp like bogner, diezel, etc.
Passives just seem so much *nicer* in terms of the high end, they also seem clearer and tighter (talking about duncans hear)

seriously though I would recommend recording with just one or the other.
But even if you don't I hardly think it would be noticeable.

peace

james

All depends on the gtr and player. I like 81's but also like the fact that Duncans give you a bit more of the tone of the gtr , I find with passives you sometimes have to dig in harder to get the attack. Passives seem to work better with Marshalls to me, where EMG's lend themselves to boogies better, swings and roundabouts really.

too bad, i bet there are lots of cute 9 year old boys there, I'll have to check it out haha j/k...

most of us americans (as i'm sure you know by now given the events our government has taken upon the world) dont really give a shit about what you people in other countries have to say, let alone what your sayings are, so i apologize for my ignorance.

no offense again of course