pickups

xshadowsoulsx said:
fuck duncans get fucking EMGs :headbang: :headbang:

hahaha, i dont know much about different duncans, ive heard some are really good though :)

You'd have to be a total dumbass to put EMGs on a Gibson. What config do you want kireek? 1, 2 Humbuckers? Where do you want it?

hidious said:
You'd have to be a total dumbass to put EMGs on a Gibson. What config do you want kireek? 1, 2 Humbuckers? Where do you want it?
are you retarded, EMGs sound great in a gibson, just look at Zakk Wylde, he has EMGs, in his gibson guitars, and when i got my gibson, the pickups were extremely shitty, so i put in a set of EMGs and they sound great in it

xshadowsoulsx said:
are you retarded, EMGs sound great in a gibson, just look at Zakk Wylde, he has EMGs, in his gibson guitars, and when i got my gibson, the pickups were extremely shitty, so i put in a set of EMGs and they sound great in it

Ok, let's not continue with the dumbass, retarded thing here, sorry about that. My opinion is that a gibson is such an awesome piece of guitar with an unbelieveable clear sound, i'd never put agressive EMGs on them. But again, i'm refering to Gibson SGs or Lespauls, theyre maybe more metal-oriented Gibson, i don't know.

hidious said:
Ok, let's not continue with the dumbass, retarded thing here, sorry about that. My opinion is that a gibson is such an awesome piece of guitar with an unbelieveable clear sound, i'd never put agressive EMGs on them. But again, i'm refering to Gibson SGs or Lespauls, theyre maybe more metal-oriented Gibson, i don't know.

Yeah, i partially agree with you. The gibson pickups already in a Les Paul or an SG are already really great for the guitar. A good smooth sound with great tone. However throwing a pair of active EMG's in it can make sound really great. I guess it all depends on what sound you like/want.

hidious said:
its allright i forgive you :) , pretty much the only reason i put EMGs in my les paul is because the pickups were really old and shitty, and now im glad i did, i really like the sound, but yeah its kinda a you like it or not thing

I was going to put EMGs in my Gibson SG but i don't know what combo to go with, EMG 85 (b)/ 81 (n) or EMG 81 (b) / 60 (n)

The 85 and 81 is good for solid metal but i don't think there would be a good clean tone there, so thats why im leaning towards the 81 and 60 because i get good metal tone but also a great clean and soloing tone, but i'm not sure whether an 81 will be enough in the bridge, it should be.

Any seymore duncan or active emg will be good. i play guitar and im in a melodeath band... i use seymore duncans and im saving up for a soloist

Ok lets puts this in another way..forget about the duncans, What are the best pickups overall? what is the main diferençe in the sound produced by a duncans and EMGs? Iam not looking for pickups "only" for metal or "only" for rock, iam looking for a par of good pickups for everything. Thks in advance:)

EMGs are active pickups which means they have batteries in them. They sound very very good and agressive when distorded but they don't have that soft clean sound of Duncans when played clear (at least the ones i tried)

If your not only metal and if you play clear chords or something, i'd go with duncans, very good pickups.

Yeah you want Duncans i'm thinking mate, put a '59 model or a Jazz model in the neck, but there are so many options for the bridge e.g. invader, custom, custom custom, JB, distortion, dimebucker. You should try out a guitar preferably your guitar or one similar to yours with the pickups in so you can make a better descision.

the active emgs are great, but troublesome. like any other normal humbuckers, the clean is not the strong part. if youre into clean, u should use single pickups.
anyway, the pickup brand dosent mean shit. i think the best thing to do is just go to the shop, and try most of the pickups. and take what sounds good for you.

anyway, i got two dimarzio evo humbuckers, bridge and neck on my j30(lol).

pickups all come down to personal tastes, what I may like you wont, vice versa, the best thing to do is one of two things 1) take our advice and come out possibly unhappy or 2) try out them for yourself throwing out my 2 cents though, dimarzio x2n's are pretty much the best bridge pickups out there for metal IMO I pair them with either a tone zone in the neck or a super 2