Pics from China gig-dark tranquillity live in China!!!

loveMikael

Challenge the Universe
Jul 3, 2007
Beijing China
:headbang:
Dear people,last night was amazing.Dark Tranquillity finally came to my country.After 9 hours flight,they arrived in beijing at 1.11 2008.:OMG:you know they were very tired,but the show was the beeeeeeeeeeeeest one that i ever saw.the fans were crazy.:headbang:I was sweaty,yes,I shouted through the whole live.it's hard to describe the live for it's too crazy.

here I got my Tshirt and DVD signed,:lol:and took pic with the whole band numbers.Ok here are the pics links: hope you enjoy .\

http://bbs.guitarchina.com/thread-579262-1-1.html

http://bbs.guitarchina.com/thread-579260-1-1.html

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. The DT+fans shots are funny. Do you notice how everyone has almost the same posture and facial expression in every shot except obviously Mikael who's goofing around with the fans? ;)

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. The DT+fans shots are funny. Do you notice how everyone has almost the same posture and facial expression in every shot except obviously Mikael who's goofing around with the fans? ;)

I thought they were excited but a little nervous and shy.Mikael was kind,veeeeeeeeeery nice person, :heh:

Awesome shots, really (off-stage ones are really cool =), give us the setlist now.

I knew Chinese beer sucked, but never had an idea it sucked THAT much :D

30.jpg

Wow, great pics! Some of the best I have seen in a lot of time, thanks a lot "loveMikael" :headbang::kickass:.

I noticed in the pics that Mikey looks a lot better now, I hope he's doing ok with his Diabetes (Mikey! Mikey! Mikey! :headbang: ). Some of the Soda Pop that was on the table was diet (Pepsi), so that's good :) .

oh my...i soooo wanted to be there! DT playing their first show in China, I feel like I've missed the real 2008 event...
I want to know everything abt it...how many people attended? how abt the tracklist? was there any local band opening the show for them?

A great and incredible live!! i think i would remember that day forever!
all DT members are very nice!indeed, mikael is very funny and a girl shouted "I love u" loudly. hah

:lol:
oh my...i soooo wanted to be there! DT playing their first show in China, I feel like I've missed the real 2008 event...
I want to know everything abt it...how many people attended? how abt the tracklist? was there any local band opening the show for them?

ha ha...this is the best metal live that I ever saw,muuuuch better than arch enemy.It's hard to believe that some guys 've been awake for at least 36 hours.They played even better than damage done DVD.after two chinese band which are against myself and 冥界 playing,Anders and Martin B came on,and almost instantly the whole crowd jumped and shouted,which never ceasing the entire show.Mosh and POGO started soon.:headbang:we pulled Mikael off stage three or four times.:loco:the sound was good too,everything was clear for me,but the shit part was i cannt hear Mikael's sound,because I standed between two amps.Mikael and Michael had so much intensity and energy in the songs.the fans were totally crazy.I was in the front row,Mikael held my hands for a while,and hugged me in backstage:lol:

They played a bit of old songs and newer songs. The whole live was all in highlight.we kept our \M/ HAND UP all the night. when the live was over,we kpet shouted ENCORE ENCORE,dear dark tranquillity came out and continued to feed off of the crowd, making the entire night that much better. I have no idear when they would return.but they promised they would come back somedays!! their music and incredible energy is something best gift for 2008.

:lol:

ha ha...this is the best metal live that I ever saw,muuuuch better than arch enemy.It's hard to believe that some guys 've been awake for at least 36 hours.They played even better than damage done DVD.after two chinese band which are against myself and 冥界 playing,Anders and Martin B came on,and almost instantly the whole crowd jumped and shouted,which never ceasing the entire show.Mosh and POGO started soon.:headbang:we pulled Mikael off stage three or four times.:loco:the sound was good too,everything was clear for me,but the shit part was i cannt hear Mikael's sound,because I standed between two amps.Mikael and Michael had so much intensity and energy in the songs.the fans were totally crazy.I was in the front row,Mikael held my hands for a while,and hugged me in backstage:lol:

They played a bit of old songs and newer songs. The whole live was all in highlight.we kept our M/ HAND UP all the night. when the live was over,we kpet shouted ENCORE ENCORE,dear dark tranquillity came out and continued to feed off of the crowd, making the entire night that much better. I have no idear when they would return.but they promised they would come back somedays!! their music and incredible energy is something best gift for 2008.

thank you for the live report...though it's not making me feel any better to know i missed one hell of a concert:) had they only been to bj one year ago, i'd be under the stage joining the chinese fans in the pogo for sure hehe

now one last question for you (and the other chinese users of the forum, i guess ironkk is also from china)...what's with the chinese translation of "dark tranquillity"??? i may be wrong on this, but still..why do i feel "沉寂黑暗“ would translate more like "tranquil darkness"? o_O

when the live was over,we kpet shouted ENCORE ENCORE,dear dark tranquillity came out and continued to feed off of the crowd, making the entire night that much better.

I wouldnt be surprised if Paris' audience (or anywhere else in Europe by now) would shout in chinese @ a DT gig, but a chinese crowd shouting in french to a swedish band it's really a mistery to me :zombie:

@lovemikael: thank you! I'm not much one for drooling after every new DT pic around, but I really think it's nice you remembered about the forum and decided to share the experience with us. I know it may sound sappy, but I'm glad we made enough of a good impression for you to come back and tell us about the show.