Pics from the M'era Luna Festival 2006 -

David Vincent=traditional death metal. Morbid Angel was never a melodic death/thrash band. Great vocalist though. I love how he has that weird gargling effect with his voice.

I'd still list him in a list of great growlers. he pretty much can show anyone how it's done IMO.

I know. I was just listing melo-death/thrash vocalists.
Traditional death metal vocals though, Chuck is god.

Metal head87 said:
I know. I was just listing melo-death/thrash vocalists.
Traditional death metal vocals though, Chuck is god.

Chucks off the chart. but i think something happend to he's voice after 1991, he sounded like he's voice is missing something, or is that just me?

91? His voice sounded pretty similar in 93. I think he just wanted to sound more melodic on Symbolic and Sounds. He was going to do vocals for Control Denied but it didn't fit the music. His singing voice would have fit in better with Judas Priest or even Dream Theater.

Metal head87 said:
91? His voice sounded pretty similar in 93. I think he just wanted to sound more melodic on Symbolic and Sounds. He was going to do vocals for Control Denied but it didn't fit the music. His singing voice would have fit in better with Judas Priest or even Dream Theater.

I guess. i think i read somewhere he hurt he's throat or something so he did a more throat scream kinda vocals. thanks anyway buddy. was nice sharing opinions. and just joining in here.

Metal head87 said:
His singing voice would have fit in better with Judas Priest or even Dream Theater.
Interesting thought...though personally, while I love Chuck's voice and music alike, I somehow couldn't imagine his vocals fronting any other music than his own...

Listen to the Painkiller cover again and tell me he could sing in those bands. He had some pipes of steel:headbang: