pies

Mick Moss said:
AAhhh haha I forgot - you're in a different country now. I bet there'll be a Sayers lament for you tonight

I dont think theres any Sayers outside Merseyside and Cheshire, North Wales. There was a good pie shop in Newcastle, cant remember the name. We should do a Pie Chart :lol:

1. Home made steak and guinness in the pub
2. Sayers pasties
3. Hollands pies from the chippy
4. Jamaican patties
5. Sheperds pie, a bit burnt round the edges

BAN HIM !!!

liam%20see%20no%20evil.jpg

Strangelight said:
can you get pies in your country? Are they any good?
where I live? are you kidding? surely that must be a joke? :Smug:

susie, tell strangelight that we don't do pies in Oz. :rolleyes:

Strangelight said:
Ive heard of pie floaters from Oz. They sound ok like
sorry about before, I was kidding. you see, it's not so much that we have pies over here but that we are pies over here, especially if you go by the saying that you are what you eat! pies are a part of the aussie national diet, especially for workmen and the like, who would have 'em breakfast lunch and dinner if they could. I have a few here and there, but not as many as some, cos they're really fattening! but with all the pracitce as eating them we've had, we've also gotten good at making them. I'd be surpised if there were many other countries besides us as good as making meat pies as we are. oh, and pie floaters are still around but not as popular. they're still ok though. ^_^

PoS said:
sorry about before, I was kidding. you see, it's not so much that we have pies over here but that we are pies over here, especially if you go by the saying that you are what you eat! pies are a part of the aussie national diet, especially for workmen and the like, who would have 'em breakfast lunch and dinner if they could. I have a few here and there, but not as many as some, cos they're really fattening! but with all the pracitce as eating them we've had, we've also gotten good at making them. I'd be surpised if there were many other countries besides us as good as making meat pies as we are. oh, and pie floaters are still around but not as popular. they're still ok though. ^_^

What exactly is a pie floater then? mash and gravy?