Pillow Case issue solved, hehe...

Wherewolf

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2008
Well...Now here's another $$$ idea for Glenn...When you buy your tickets in advance you can reserve a seat for say an extra 50 bucks per night! CHA-CHING! Pillow case issue solved! Ya just have to put a map of the venue on the sight for each night and when it's "rented" X it out! See Glenn?...That idea and me in the dunking booth should able you to pay off the mortgage on your house man,:kickass:

Well...Now here's another $$$ idea for Glenn...When you buy your tickets in advance you can reserve a seat for say an extra 50 bucks per night! CHA-CHING! Pillow case issue solved! Ya just have to put a map of the venue on the sight for each night and when it's "rented" X it out! See Glenn?...That idea and me in the dunking booth should able you to pay off the mortgage on your house man,:kickass:

it's pretty ridiculous when after you have stood and rocked out and you need to sit down to rest and all you see are a sea of empty seats with bags and pillow cases

it's pretty ridiculous when after you have stood and rocked out and you need to sit down to rest and all you see are a sea of empty seats with bags and pillow cases

***That is too damm funny...I would kill to see a picture of seats with nothing on them but pillowcases...ANYONE?:heh:

That kind of shit pisses me off. How about Glenn pass a rule not allowing reserving seats like this? First come, first serve. The next time I want to sit somewhere that has a bunch of shit on it, I'm throwing the pillowcases to the side. I'm a big guy, too, so no one's going to say shit :heh:

That kind of shit pisses me off. How about Glenn pass a rule not allowing reserving seats like this? First come, first serve. The next time I want to sit somewhere that has a bunch of shit on it, I'm throwing the pillowcases to the side. I'm a big guy, too, so no one's going to say shit :heh:

***Now were talkin! that's my style man!

I noticed Friday night a few seats with the pillow cases. The seats were finally used but don't know if it was pillow case people or did 2 people just throw them to the side.

I'm one of those people that like to float around throughout the night, so I didn't utilize the pillowcase method, but it's not like there weren't other seats available.
And in that place, there really isn't a bad seat in the house....except right underneath the air conditioning vent. Brrr!!!!

Twice I just sat the stuff on the ground and if someone said "these are taken" I responded with "I'll move if they come back" and NEITHER time did the person show up before I wanted to leave anyway. I put the bags back right where I found them...no harm, no foul.

That being said, it's still silly.

I'm one of those people that like to float around throughout the night, so I didn't utilize the pillowcase method, but it's not like there weren't other seats available.
And in that place, there really isn't a bad seat in the house....except right underneath the air conditioning vent. Brrr!!!!

So you don't mind that next year I'm bringing a mannequin to hold my place on the rail in the front so I can leave for 30 min to enjoy some beer and socialize every hour? There's plenty of other spots for people to stand.

I saw a group of about 5 seats with pillowcases remain unoccupied for at least 1.5 sets on Saturday.

I never reserved a seat in any way and I had no trouble finding an open seat when I wanted to sit.

So you don't mind that next year I'm bringing a mannequin to hold my place on the rail in the front so I can leave for 30 min to enjoy some beer and socialize every hour?

I can see it now... a spattering of mannequins arms raised...fists on high:headbang:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So you don't mind that next year I'm bringing a mannequin to hold my place on the rail in the front so I can leave for 30 min to enjoy some beer and socialize every hour? There's plenty of other spots for people to stand.

I said I didn't utilize the pillow case theory.
That's why I never stand up front because it would be impossible to get a front and center spot back.
Kudos to you for claiming your spot and keeping it.

i took pictures and i will post on here later. i need to get them off my phone. here is my list of interesting things i saw.

1) i didn't see any pillowcases. could have just been my bad timing.
2) i DID see the following. Gift bags, Hotel Towels, CUSTOM and i mean CUSTOM printed shirts over seats saying "reserved for..." and yes bags with merchandise people PAID for just left sitting there as if i wouldn't take it from them. again, lessons need to be learned the hard way for some to be learned at all.

here is my suggestion to glenn besides that of selling specific seats and general admission tickets.

it needs to be just like at an airport. have a sign saying "all unattended bags will be searched and seized and removed from the venue after 10 minutes." at the entrance and have it announced in between each song during intermission. it's plain and simple and will keep people from leaving bags, towels, etc.

i too, was pissed off to walk up the steps to find seats/rows empty except for green Nuclear Blast bags sitting there. i took a seat during Orphaned Land's set that had a purse in it. i moved it to the next seat and i asked the lady "are these seats taken" and she said yes but said they wouldn't be coming back for awhile.

what's next a BED SHEET?!? i mean hell, i can bring one of those and reserve 12 seats at once!?!

"it needs to be just like at an airport. have a sign saying "all unattended bags will be searched and seized and removed from the venue after 10 minutes." at the entrance and have it announced in between each song during intermission. it's plain and simple and will keep people from leaving bags, towels, etc."
I can see a problem when seats are left unattended for an entire bands set or longer, but in my case where I am here by myself, if I have to use the mens room or go get a drink, I shouldn't have to drag my 'green' goodie bag around and find a new seat each time. I pretty much stayed in my seat for all the events, but I would of moved anyone in my seat that set my stuff aside if they didn't give it back to me (including mettalicpoet )....*grins*