PINCH HARMONIC HELP!

I found out by searching google. The trick i found is to have a fair amount of gain on. Then, when you go to pick the note, slide your thumb down on the pick so that the edge of your thumb is parralel to the edge of the pick that comes into contact with the string. There is a science behind it, but google is your friend for that. As usual, start slow.

like they said^ high gain

find a good natural harmonic

use the fret where u found a good harmonic then pick the string and right after you pick the string, touch the string with your thumb. it takes a bit of practice so it might be frustrating at 1st.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYm_NjqMww0

besides this, there r plenty more good lessons on youtube.

it takes practice, don't need tons of gain to do it, all you gotta do is find the harmonic on the string were you strum, and as you play a note, little pick down and have the side of your thumb gently scrape the string, making a ringing sound, kinda curve the downpick up, and let it ring.

once you get it down, you can land a pinch harmonic anywere, anytime very easily without really trying. Its fun.

I found out by searching google. The trick i found is to have a fair amount of gain on. Then, when you go to pick the note, slide your thumb down on the pick so that the edge of your thumb is parralel to the edge of the pick that comes into contact with the string. There is a science behind it, but google is your friend for that. As usual, start slow.

you can do pinch harmonics on acoustic dude... don't bs me....

Basically play as usual and when you want to do a pinch harmonic push your index finger forward until the plecturm is at a right angle to the guitar More or less... then push down hard until the thumb scrapes the string slightly as well as the pick.

Also it does matter where you do it sometimes doing it closer to the pick ups and the fret makes alot of difference.

Basically play as usual and when you want to do a pinch harmonic push your index finger forward until the plecturm is at a right angle to the guitar More or less... then push down hard until the thumb scrapes the string slightly as well as the pick.

Also it does matter where you do it sometimes doing it closer to the pick ups and the fret makes alot of difference.

I think you may not have meant to quote my post here man :lol:

Im pretty sure i didnt even touch on acoustics - since i dont play one and wouldnt presume to know. I was also making a point that positioning is important (just like you were) :loco:

Uhmmm....I dont think he said anything even close to acoustic.
Quoted wrong dude.