Pink Floyd at Live 8

snakeey11

Tool of the Devil
Nov 11, 2003
San Diego, CA
ieng9.ucsd.edu
I'm sure there are plenty of Floyd fans in this forum, and I was just wondering what the feeling is about the announcement that Pink Floyd will play with the classic lineup in London at Live 8 next month. Seeing as how I wasn't born until 1984, I obviously never saw them at their height, performing...how I wish I had been born 25 years earlier!

Silent Song said:
they better tape it.......

I agree. I envy those who will get to experience them all together again.
Let's hope for a broadcast or DVD or something (and hope they're not
AWFUL, which is a distinct possibility!)

Silent Song said:
they better tape it.......

well, it's supposed to be broadcast live on the internet/TV, as far as I can tell:

"Whether you get a ticket, listen to it on the radio, watch it at home or on the web at AOL…just make sure you are a part of it! It will be the biggest concert that’s ever been staged – and the most important.

Saturday 2 July 2005, London, Philadelphia, Paris, Rome, Berlin."

I, too, hope they play well together after all these years.

snakeey11 said:
well, it's supposed to be broadcast live on the internet/TV, as far as I can tell:

"Whether you get a ticket, listen to it on the radio, watch it at home or on the web at AOL…just make sure you are a part of it! It will be the biggest concert that’s ever been staged – and the most important."

Know if non-AOL members can get it? Or what TV stations it's on?

Rose Immortal said:
Know if non-AOL members can get it? Or what TV stations it's on?

I kind of figured that the site just mentioned AOL because they ponied up the cash. I'm sure ElPredicador is right; I doubt there will be any problem seeing this concert in some fashion--I mean, that is the whole point of it, after all.

snakeey11 said:
I kind of figured that the site just mentioned AOL because they ponied up the cash. I'm sure ElPredicador is right; I doubt there will be any problem seeing this concert in some fashion--I mean, that is the whole point of it, after all.

EDIT: As an update, for those of you still wondering, I read that MTV and VH1 will be covering 8 hours of these concerts; checking, I noticed that MTV starts coverage at 12 pm this Saturday.