Pink Floyd at Live 8

I am guessing the DVD will include the songs plus other stuff like commentary from the band members (which should be interesting to watch), backstage stuff, etc. Should be interesting.

koolboee cdmo87 said:
There probably won't be a DVD. Too many legal issues, royalties, etc. Only bootlegs.

You could be right. Anything involving Pink Floyd and its infighting could well be a legal fight.

Still, it would be interesting IF a DVD were released...

Rose Immortal said:
You could be right. Anything involving Pink Floyd and its infighting could well be a legal fight.
I didn't mean that... I think by now, PF are civil enough not to resort to that. They'd all receive royalties from this.

What I mean is, when you have all these acts on one bill (aren't there 15-20 acts or sopmething), they all have different legal agreements and all that... it's extremely difficult, you need all the licensing, and if you do, all the royalties amount to too much anyway. That's why they never had a full-out Live Aid DVD.

koolboee cdmo87 said:
I didn't mean that... I think by now, PF are civil enough not to resort to that. They'd all receive royalties from this.

What I mean is, when you have all these acts on one bill (aren't there 15-20 acts or sopmething), they all have different legal agreements and all that... it's extremely difficult, you need all the licensing, and if you do, all the royalties amount to too much anyway. That's why they never had a full-out Live Aid DVD.

They have had several Wacken live compilations though.

OfSinsAndShred said:
Whoa whoa whoa, WHEN is this gonna be broadcasted again? I'm seeing conflicting answers in a lot of places.

From MTV.com: "The MTV/ VH1 feed, which will run from noon until 8 p.m., will also air on mtvU [July 2nd]. Relevant highlights will additionally run on July 3 on CMT and VH1 Classic."

I just wish that Pink Floyd could put their internal struggles behind and reunite for a tour. They've known each other for 40 years, you think they would be able to get along somewhat. Maybe this will lead to something.

Metal-X said:
I just wish that Pink Floyd could put their internal struggles behind and reunite for a tour. They've known each other for 40 years, you think they would be able to get along somewhat. Maybe this will lead to something.

That'll be when hell freezes over...there are some members of that band who never have and never will grow up.

Three songs are confirmed to be played, although 1-2 more are a secret... "Breathe", "Wish You Were Here", and "Comfortably Numb" are definite.

gave me goosebumps, that's for sure. And not even just Pink Floyd; the entire concert and the message it was trying to convey. Anyone on here lucky enough to go to one of the concerts?

it was so amazing + special. i actually cried during wish you were here because i've adored that song since i was 7 and i never thought i would ever be able to see them play live. (and i was drunk). they were so perfect. quite simply the best band of all time.

Imaginarium said:
it was so amazing + special. i actually cried during wish you were here because i've adored that song since i was 7 and i never thought i would ever be able to see them play live. (and i was drunk). they were so perfect. quite simply the best band of all time.

Wow, nice. I almost burst into tears too, it was so beautiful when they finished the set. It just gave me goosebumps just watching it.