Pink Floyd Reunited!

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
It's just one show, but as their biggest fan, I'll take what I can get!!!

From http://www.pinkfloyd.com/home/12.html and www.live8live.com:

It was confirmed today that Roger Waters will join Pink Floyd to perform at the Live8 concert in Hyde Park on 2nd July.

David Gilmour made the following statement:
"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. It's crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

Text applications close TONIGHT - for ticket details go to www.live8live.com

To apply for tickets, fans have to answer the following question:

WHAT CITY IS THE FORTHCOMING G8 SUMMIT HELD NEAR THIS JULY?

A. Berlin B. Moscow C. Edinburgh Text A, B or C to 84599*

Each entry costs £1.50* plus your operator’s standard text charge

Best concert I ever saw was Floyd (no Waters) and then Waters (solo, twice). To see them together would rock so hard. Too bad I could never get tickets - it is a random lottery to get them for the Live 8 London date.

Best. Band. Ever.

I have what SEEMS to be the whole feed, uninterrupted from Live8.
If your newbie guitarist ever gets me an upload directory & some privs,
I might be able to help you out if you haven't acquired this yet....

J-Dubya 777 said:

Yep, it's the whole set, just watched it at work. A few pops/crackles at the very beginning of Breathe, but the rest sounds & looks good.....

J-Dubya 777 said:

Permission granted! Matt did acquire this, but he still hasn't passed it on to me either :cry:

Hey, I only broke one D string when recording this past weekend! Maybe one day my MusicMan will have strings that last longer than a few hours! On the other hand, Mesa/Boogie rules! :Spin:

OdinsCourt said:
Thanks, J-Dub! You rock!!! I do want them, the source/quality may be different than mine. :D

Rick, I did upload it. While you were still here in fact. Check your videos directory. ;)
Imagine that! I just checked a little while ago for something else and I found that! I didn't see it the other day. I was just coming back here to say something about that and I see you beat me. Thanks and sorry about that :)

:Spin:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161454,00.html:
Geldof, besides raising international awareness about poverty and hunger in Africa, did something far more immediately important: He reunited Pink Floyd.

For the first time in a quarter-century, Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters not only played together, they actually broke bread.

On Friday night, all the members of Pink Floyd and their wives, etc., ate together at the famous Ivy restaurant. Roger made the initial call, an insider told me, leading to this unique gathering.

Now the speculation begins: a new album, a tour, is any of it possible? From the rousing reception they got, something tells me more is to come.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161887,00.html:
The members of Pink Floyd did not avoid each other either. Quite the opposite: They were incredibly chummy. As I told you on Sunday: The band ate dinner together on Friday night at the Ivy in London, and their reunion could stick, it went so well. But I do love "the sources" who weren't at the London show weighing in with a lot of nonsense.

Rick Pierpont said:
Permission granted! Matt did acquire this, but he still hasn't passed it on to me either :cry:

Hey, I only broke one D string when recording this past weekend! Maybe one day my MusicMan will have strings that last longer than a few hours! On the other hand, Mesa/Boogie rules! :Spin:

Dude, you HAVE to have a burr in that saddle (literally, not medically!)
I had an old Kahler that used to do that, and in that case, it didn't go away until I got a new saddle. Depending on the MM's configuration, you should be able to find someone to take a fine file to that saddle....

J-Dubya - Has yet to break a string on his RG.......... :D

OdinsCourt said:
Thanks, J-Dub! You rock!!! I do want them, the source/quality may be different than mine. :D

Rick, I did upload it. While you were still here in fact. Check your videos directory. ;)

It's there, and I also have them (as of today) in .mov files which I haven't looked at yet. Someone posted a link to a list of ALL video performances ferom L8. I dl'ed 1 Def Leppard tune (just to see how OLD they look), the floyd, and also deep purple. Rick should have that link as well, if he checks his mail.....Now Rick not knowing what's on his own FTP? A certain Sword song comes to mind... :D

J-Dubya

You found videos of everything? Killer! Have a link you can share? PM if you don't want to post it here. If not, can you get Annie Lennox doing "Why". And as gay as it may sound, the Dido performance. :p

I want Lep and Deep Purple too. I'll get them from Rick.

:headbang:

I hope I still have it at home, should be in my history if nothing else.
As of the time I left for work, I had no internet access @ home, so we'll see if it's up by the time I get home. Ian G. sounded pretty bad, IMO, Floyd was the best thing about that ENTIRE festival.....Best sounding too. I'll post (if I can) when I get home.....

Annie Lennox huh? Hey Pierpont, how's that Culture Club medley working out?
Did you present that to the rest of the band yet? :D :Spin: :loco:

I'll hopefully post that link for you in a few hours......

OdinsCourt said:
So Rick likes the Culture Club, eh? Guilty pleasures.

Dude, I had to room with him, and he would NOT stop singing Karma Chameleon, even after he was ballgagged! :yuk:
It was a disgrace to modern metalhood. :D

J-Dubya 777 said:
Dude, I had to room with him, and he would NOT stop singing Karma Chameleon, even after he was ballgagged! :yuk:
It was a disgrace to modern metalhood. :D

:hotjump:

OK you two!! Behave now! I got your Culture Club RIGHT HERE :loco:

Do I have to come out west and teach you a lesson Cheese Boy?!?!?!?! Geezzz... and I kept you out of trouble by keeping you from humping Kai Hansen's leg! This is the thanks I get?

I think I'll surgically implant flash chips containing the entire Pain Of Salvation discography into you head, wire the output directly to your auditory system so that you CONSTANTLY hear PoS in your head. Poking out your eardrums won't help either! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Pierpont said:
:hotjump:

OK you two!! Behave now! I got your Culture Club RIGHT HERE :loco:

Do I have to come out west and teach you a lesson Cheese Boy?!?!?!?! Geezzz... and I kept you out of trouble by keeping you from humping Kai Hansen's leg! This is the thanks I get?

I think I'll surgically implant flash chips containing the entire Pain Of Salvation discography into you head, wire the output directly to your auditory system so that you CONSTANTLY hear PoS in your head. Poking out your eardrums won't help either! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAH! BUSTED! I refuse to behave under your guidelines! :Spin:
I probably WOULD take my own life at that point, hearing PoS 24x7 would cause a great loss of life, including my own!

J-Dubya - Thinks SpongeRick Pierpants would probably get lost somewhere around Ohio trying to find me.....