Piracy Dilemma - Kontakt 4

NattyJ. said:
Just chucking my 2c in, but pirating is a bit contradictory imho.

I'm not saying I don't do it at times, as being a young student with no real income I cant really afford to purchase alot of the software i use, but I still want to be able to learn to prepare for the future (as I wanna go to SAE to do a recording course next year). That being said, when I have the funds spare or if I ever became a commercial studio (not just a simple hobbyist) I would definately buy all the software I use and support the Developers.

I see as not just a thanks for the use of their programs, it's also like an investment, promoting them to further develop their products and expand their range. In fact helping yourself and your peers in the process.

No it's just stealing.

Don't really know if something like this is available with others plugins company, but you can buy avid plugin for a 1/2/3... days use via avid shop.
Really great when you need to use a plug for only one session (client request for exemple) imo.

Just chucking my 2c in, but pirating is a bit contradictory imho.

I'm not saying I don't do it at times, as being a young student with no real income I cant really afford to purchase alot of the software i use, but I still want to be able to learn to prepare for the future (as I wanna go to SAE to do a recording course next year). That being said, when I have the funds spare or if I ever became a commercial studio (not just a simple hobbyist) I would definately buy all the software I use and support the Developers.

I see as not just a thanks for the use of their programs, it's also like an investment, promoting them to further develop their products and expand their range. In fact helping yourself and your peers in the process.

No it's just stealing.

Yeah.... about that. I think because it was soo late last night and i was tired i missed out a few words that completely changed what i was trying to say.

I meant to say "I see buying software as not just a thanks for the use of their programs..."

Lol, whoops.

Yeah.... about that. I think because it was soo late last night and i was tired i missed out a few words that completely changed what i was trying to say.

I meant to say "I see buying software as not just a thanks for the use of their programs..."

Lol, whoops.

haha its cool man it happens, feel bad for blowing up this thread though. Hopefully the op got his answer <3