Pirate Metal?

Jean-Pierre said:

EDIT: Landmark Metal albums? Yeah, if you think Limp Bizkit and In Flames are landmark Metal. Last time I checked, 90% of the bands I listen to sell a good deal of copies (Judas Priest anyone?) and have damn good production. Try again, mallrat.

I don't like Limp Bizkit by the way, and I do love In Flames, fuck what anyone says.

If I'm a mallrat, what term would you use to describe a metal fan such as your self, other than close minded, elitist prick.

Hatebreed said:
I don't like Limp Bizkit by the way, and I do love In Flames, fuck what anyone says.

If I'm a mallrat, what term would you use to describe a metal fan such as your self, other than close minded, elitist prick.

I'd describe myself as simply a lover of Heavy Metal, and a hater of "tough-guy" groove-core and mallcore.

Jean-Pierre said:
I'm not trying to intimidate a damn thing (even though the last sentence you wrote doesn't make much sense). He started bitching when I told him that a classic Speed Metal band owned his favourite hot topic flavor of the month. I don't understand how that equates to trying to sound "badass". You could quit being a little prick yourself.

EDIT: I only said the thread blows due to the fact that the topic is completely ass backwards.
:lol:

forget it man, i would have an easier time getting through a blind and deaf person.

Funeral Portrait said:
:lol:

forget it man, i would have an easier time getting through a blind and deaf person.

hur hur, I guess you would rather make it look like you would have the last word rather than reply to my post in a civil manner. Oh well.

Jean-Pierre said:
hur hur, I guess you would rather make it look like you would have the last word rather than reply to my post in a civil manner. Oh well.
no, im saying you wont listen to a thing anyone has to say. youv'e made it up in your mind that you are br00tal and kvlt and everyone else is below you. therefore, i will no longer waste my time on the subject.

have the best day of your life, metal god.

While I mostly agree with Jean-Pierre, comparing Limp Bizkit to In Flames is just the slightest bit 'tarded. No offence like :)

Funeral Portrait said:
no, im saying you wont listen to a thing anyone has to say. youv'e made it up in your mind that you are br00tal and kvlt and everyone else is below you. therefore, i will no longer waste my time on the subject.

have the best ay of your life, metal god.

You're so predictable. Where is this brutal and kvlt thing coming from? I'm an avid listener of Thrash, Speed, Power, and Traditional Heavy Metal, since when does that make me a "BR00TAL KVLT ELITIST" that thinks everyone is below him? I would call myself a normal Metal listener, and I honestly had no beef with you before this thread.

Jean-Pierre said:
You're so predictable. Where is this brutal and kvlt thing coming from? I'm an avid listener of Thrash, Speed, Power, and Traditional Heavy Metal, since when does that make me a "BR00TAL KVLT ELITIST" that thinks everyone is below him? I would call myself a normal Metal listener, and I honestly had no beef with you before this thread.
who said anything about beef? i think you're a cool guy, i just get sick of people telling others that they suck at liking music.

you never hear anyone saying "what!? you like mcdonalds!? thats so mainstream dude..."

Funeral Portrait said:
i think you're a cool guy, i just get sick of people telling others that they suck at liking music.

How does one suck at liking music? Anyway, what I'm saying is you can like "Roots" and "Soundtrack To Your Escape" all you want but to say they are Metal classics is to be putting them in the same category as albums like Judas Priest's "Painkiller" and Death's "Scream Bloody Gore" and so on so on. Albums like "Roots" are barely related to Heavy Metal itself, I could have just said it that way.

Jean-Pierre said:
How does one suck at liking music? Anyway, what I'm saying is you can like "Roots" and "Soundtrack To Your Escape" all you want but to say they are Metal classics is to be putting them in the same category as albums like Judas Priest's "Painkiller" and Death's "Scream Bloody Gore" and so on so on. Albums like "Roots" are barely related to Heavy Metal itself, I could have just said it that way.

I agree with you on this, but Chaos AD and Arise are great albums, I also like old In Flames - Whoracle and before. I know exactly what your saying about hot topic though, i fucking go by there every time im in the mall and its so funny to see this faggots who think they are dark and badass because they listen to a band with double bass drum pedals.

Funeral Portrait said:
yea i get your point. i forgot he said they were metal classics.

anyways, painkiller & scream bloody gore = :kickass:

I said Roots and Chaos A.D. were landmark albums, I didn't mention STYE. I didn't mention JP either.

And how are Roots and STYE not related to metal. Explain that one to me Jean-Pierre

Minion520 said:
I agree with you on this, but Chaos AD and Arise are great albums, I also like old In Flames - Whoracle and before. I know exactly what your saying about hot topic though, i fucking go by there every time im in the mall and its so funny to see this faggots who think they are dark and badass because they listen to a band with double bass drum pedals.
i dunno how it is around the rest of the country, but the hot topic in my mall is turning into a fuckin "hXc" central. al these straight edge dorks hangin around there talking about how hardcore the new atreyu cd is :lol:

...still, i really wanna job there just so i can wear my circle of dead children and suffocation shirts to work :D

+ keep my facial hair and grow my hair out longer :cool:

Profånity said:
"Human" is much better than that album.

Human is my favourite album of theirs. Scream Bloody Gore, along with Possessed's Seven Churches was much more groundbreaking.

Eh, anything after Human depends on preference really. I don't really like the Sound Of Perseverance that much, but I don't completely hate it (you can check out my review of it at Metal Archives...)

Jean-Pierre said:
Human is my favourite album of theirs. Scream Bloody Gore, along with Possessed's Seven Churches was much more groundbreaking.

Eh, anything after Human depends on preference really. I don't really like the Sound Of Perseverance that much, but I don't completely hate it (you can check out my review of it at Metal Archives...)

Tell me, I wrote a review for a Soilwork album at the Metal Archives, I got an e-mail saying it was accepted, it was put up on the site and everything. A day later, it's gone, vanished. I followed all the guidelines, and everything.

What happened?.

Hatebreed said:
Tell me, I wrote a review for a Soilwork album at the Metal Archives, I got an e-mail saying it was accepted, it was put up on the site and everything. A day later, it's gone, vanished. I followed all the guidelines, and everything.

What happened?.

Go to the review board on the forum, post the review you wrote and calmy ask why the review you wrote was accepted and then deleted. If they said that it didn't follow guidlines, or wasn't well-written in general - see what you can do to improve it (paragraph spacing, grammar correction, etc.).