Pirate Shirts, Leather Pants, and Corpse Paint.

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
What is up with many metal bands onstage costumes? I understand Rock stars are allowed to wear crazy clothes, but some of these metal bands look as if they just came out of a gay bar. I also have noticed a few bands in Pirate shirts for their cd photo( But I dont wanna be a pirate). And why do Black metal bands wear corpse paint with swords and fake armor?- I was going to buy Immortals album last year- but god the embarrasment of going to the counter with four guys on a cover in corpse paint was just too much.

Anyway these are just my opinions, as I get farther and farther away from my teens, the idea of guys in pirate shirts, and corpse paint, is just too much for me to take anymore.

haha, I've seen some fruits wearing pirate shirts at shows before too. I think it's stupid... If they dressed up like a full blown pirate...cool, but they're just wearing the god damn shirt!

i can a truly say that fake weaponry is among the wourst things a band can do. I can aprove to corpse paint in very special emotional situations, BUT not often. besides, thats black metal, which i ain't in to.... :)

...pirate shirts?????

Seinfeld hated the pirate shirt.

Me-Even though I am 21, I would like to dress like a Viking and drink some beer 'till I rape and pillage, it would be great fun. Actually I would settle for one of those horned helmets that Vikings didn't actually wear.

SunlapseVertigo said:
I don't really care about that too much, but as far as I'm concerned, no black metal fan has any right to criticize Slipknot or any similar band for their image. And I see that happeneing a lot too.
I agree, the corpse paint is no less gimmicky than Slipknot's masks.

Speaking of this- has anyone seen the ultimate metal home page? Some guy that is in The Kovenant is on the front, and he looks like he is in a corny broadway musical with his makeup etc. Why I ask?