What the hell is the deal with corpse paint?

I'm sorry but I detest Darkthrone. I find it highly boring and untalented. Yes, I said it, most of the Black Metal community will come and sodomize, sacrifice and bloodlustfully worship my inverted necrocorpse, but I hate them.

That Vikindin thing looks fucking stupid! I'll have a listen though hehe

Haha yeah

And I enjoy Darkthrone, I'm sad I didn't start listening to them till very recently (though I've known about them forever) Would be interesting to listen to them well walking around outside in the middle of winter.

I'm sorry but I detest Darkthrone. I find it highly boring and untalented. Yes, I said it, most of the Black Metal community will come and sodomize, sacrifice and bloodlustfully worship my inverted necrocorpse, but I hate them.

That Vikindin thing looks fucking stupid! I'll have a listen though hehe

i agree, i dont like darkthrone, omg i have not laughed my ass off that much in a while especially with the black metal photo shoot with his fly down, haha:lol:

Haha yeah

And I enjoy Darkthrone, I'm sad I didn't start listening to them till very recently (though I've known about them forever) Would be interesting to listen to them well walking around outside in the middle of winter.

Well, i can't speak about Darkthrone specifically, but any black metal takes on a totally different dimension when you do that. I'm not a huge Emperor fan normally, but once Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk was the only CD i had lying around when my iPod was out of batteries, so i listened on the walk somewhere, and it was so much better than normal.

We just got a HUGE dump of snow, like 16 inches, so if i get some free time, (and if i can get my ipod to turn on, fucking piece of shit), i'm gonna go into the woods about a 10 minute walk from my house, listen to all sorts of BM, and take nature pictures.

Well, i can't speak about Darkthrone specifically, but any black metal takes on a totally different dimension when you do that. I'm not a huge Emperor fan normally, but once Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk was the only CD i had lying around when my iPod was out of batteries, so i listened on the walk somewhere, and it was so much better than normal.

We just got a HUGE dump of snow, like 16 inches, so if i get some free time, (and if i can get my ipod to turn on, fucking piece of shit), i'm gonna go into the woods about a 10 minute walk from my house, listen to all sorts of BM, and take nature pictures.

yeah i was thinking about that, i was gonna quick snap one when i saw this tree full of like 10 crows by an abandoned house for like 50 years, it was pretty cool but the sons of bitches all flew away, i think my ipods broken too, try holding the middle button and play, if that doesnt work you my friend are screwed, we got like 16 inches of snow as well, ya know ur up north when 30 cars are waiting behind a snowplow isnt a rare occurence, any way im done rambling on lol, but im planning on going out to this park and just walk in the dark with a full moon and listen to just bm, there has always been something about tall pines against a moonlit sky...

Yeah, I remember looking at that list about a year ago and getting a good laugh. The Children Of Finland sacred the shit out of me though...

Personally, I find a lot of the corpse paint stuff to just be cheesy. I guess it just seems little overdone, like these guys are trying to hard to look "evil." But hey, a lot of those guys make awsome music, some I'm not complaining.

Love and Peace!

Nothing wrong with excessively ridiculous logos. :D Although admittedly Dark Funeral's one is a bit generic-looking (ye olde English font, pentagram, inverted crosses).

Anyway, as someone mentioned before, Gorgoroth are one of the few bands that can do the corpsepaint thing effectively:

metaleksykon-gorgoroth.jpg

Not the nicest bunch of lads, but that's aside the point, heh.

What NOT to do:

1523852031_l.jpg

I could've sworn that these guys were joking, but I don't think they are. :( http://www.myspace.com/vikindin

OH MY! What the hell is going on in this pic? Let's see... Corpse paint,A gun,Halloween costume wings. and what the hell is Metal about Clam Diggers and sandals with a side of Cankle's.How much acid were these guys on?Forget about Joking.They are THE JOKE!:OMG:

Really? Your first post, and it's bumping a year old topic? Well, considering this was a BM topic, a necro-bump makes sense :p

Anyway, I agree with this:
i think in a very simplistic answer: its overdone, but I wont dislike a band just bcause they have or dont have corpsepaint.

Also, I like Cradle and Dimmu, I think they have become better writers and I prefer good production over bad production any day.