What the hell is the deal with corpse paint?

I like black metal.
I have nothing against corpse paint.

...But a photo like this one ? HELL NO !

profanatica.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Really? Your first post, and it's bumping a year old topic? Well, considering this was a BM topic, a necro-bump makes sense :p

Anyway, I agree with this:

Also, I like Cradle and Dimmu, I think they have become better writers and I prefer good production over bad production any day.

Someone sent me a link to this and I had to reply! Old- new... It's a topic that has to come up again. And what's Sad is New bands throw on corpse paint and call themselves Black metal and are anything but!Corpse paint use to get my attention but now alot of bands just look like Mimes.o_OAND WOOOOAH! ON THAT ONE PIC! I dont know if I Should laugh or Cry!

Corpsepaint was introduced to show the bands as being corpse like and have literally crawled from the grave to perform. It was a way to seem even more occult than the lyrics and sound already allowed. The fact that myspace/bedroom black metal has taken over the scene and that there are numerous bands that use it because they think they are supposed too has kind of killed the thought process. Some bands do it extremely well while most fail. I think it depends on how the imagery plays into the music and how well the paint is done.

Bands like Slavland and Winterfylleth need no paint
Bands like Kult Ov Azazel and Urgehal, most definitely.