Clothes.

I have alot of metal shirts, how ever i dont wear only black or spikes or anything like this.
I usualy wear blue jeans, my hiking shoes or my boots and one of my dark throne shirts.

How ever i do have nice cloths, but i dont think cloths make the person, the person makes the cloths.

I only worry about impressing the most important person in the wold, when I am looking through the t-shirt drawer.....moi. I'm too old and too married to worry about impressing anyone else. The decision of what I put on that day (other than my work uniform) is based on what I feel like wearing that day and what is clean. >:p~

Bryant

Reactions: sh0kr0k
90% of my wardrobe is black and blue jeans, metal t-shirts and longsleeves, and Vans. I own some dressy clothes for stuff like weddings and funerals, but I rarely wear them.

Heretic _Princess said:
I usually wear my witchery or Cannibal corpse mini t-shirts with short black skirt or pants and my big platform NEW ROCK boots....I love platform boots for a reason :Spin:

platform boots are good for crushing snails

metal isn't a fasion statement it's a way of life.

I also agree with the different thing....

it seems like it's ok to be different as long as your the same

i don't hold slipknot to be the gospel on all things by any stretch of the imagination but i think they said something good and that was when they were asked about the image they potrayed and way that it related to the message they where trying to send to people with their music

all these people encourage people to be different... fuck that we encourage people to be themselves.

i dress like a "goth" because i like it....i dont care if its the "trend" or if people think you look stupid....thats why i reallly cant stand "preps" because they usually dress in whatever is in style and cool....i think people shuld just start thinking for themselves and dress how they want instead of how there group of friends think they should dress

You can't stend 'preps' because they follow trends, so you follow a trend. I'm certainly impressed by your logic. ;)

metal isn't a fasion statement it's a way of life.

A way of life? Actually, it's just a genre of music I particularly enjoy. At least, that's what it is to me.

Guardian of Darkness said:
A way of life? Actually, it's just a genre of music I particularly enjoy. At least, that's what it is to me.

Ditto.
I go to every metal show I can and my CD expenses are ridiculous but I have a life outside Krisiun and co.

Well, if you are like me...
Only wearing black, only listening to Metal (well, mainly Metal at least), going to all the Metal shows that you can, only hanging around with other Metalheads, and of course your girlfriend is a Metalhead as well (because you tend to dislike most people who arent...)

Then I would say, my friend, Metal is a way of life...

svenske kocken said:
I like and wear clothes from Dolce & Gabbana, Hugo Boss, DKNY, Ralph Lauren, Tiger, J Lindeberg, Replay, Armani etc. I'm so metal.

Mmm.. Dolce y Gabbana! Good choice!! They're all good choices! It's nice to see metalheads that enjoy high-fashion as well :) You know, Dolce y Gabbana is probably one of my favorite lines.. they have terrific perfumes & colognes too.

Guardian of Darkness said:
You can't stend 'preps' because they follow trends, so you follow a trend. I'm certainly impressed by your logic. ;)

As I have stated in other posts, I am not on this earth to impress anyone except myself, but I come to places like this because my number one form of entertainment is metal music. As an old fart I have to wear more than one hat as I am Bryant the technician and the husband, brother son, etc. but I am also Bryant the metal-head and I can't think of the last time I did not play some music at least for one hour in a day. I own a good bit of metal tees, other tees that have fantasy designs on them (my favorite subject for literary work) and Bama and Steeler football tees and hats, and some Looney Tunes tees as well, because they are a reflection of my personality and tastes.
To a degree, metal is a way of life for me and I am proud that such a wonderful art is significant to me. As far as following any trend, I do not, but when I am at a concert with other metal-heads or even at a message board like this, I enjoy the camaraderie I feel with people that have the same interest as myself.

Bryant

that would depend what you took the statement a way of life to mean.

if it is meant as a defining quality of your personalty (ie you listen to metal because you enjoy it for what it is, you identify with the message/attitude etc etc as opposed to using it as a tool to get people to look at you strangely in the street), i believe it is a way of life.

Look at other 'way's of life'....do these ways totaly define the person?? no i don't think so, no one can be defined by one thing only... but it is hard to deny the connection between the type of music you listen too and who you are... generally i feel you gravitate to musical styles due to your own beliefs/attitude/upbringing etc... so in esscence it is a way of life.

While i agree it doesn't have to be all that you are (and indeed would be sad if it was), this statement, if it (metal) is something you are true to, still holds in my opinion.

don't get me as one of those TRUE METAL tards, this is just an opinion and in my opinion people are ultimately free to do as they want... metal for fasion or metal for the music, it's up to the person and they can do what they want.

i know what i meant but....i don't think i explained myself very well...mostly because i'm stupid so for that i appologize but just smile and remember that it doesn't matter what i think anyway. i'm just one person on a message board so don't get worked up :D.

Reactions: SculptedCold
What type of fashion statment is metal any way?

Who ever thinks that you need to dress in a certian way to be metal has no fucking idea what metal is.

If you want to make a fashion statment go listin to Punk.

Metal is sophisticated art, and if you think the cloths you wear make you any more metal, or even under stand metal more you are totaly in the dark.

its like saying you need to wear a tuxedo to enjoy classical music.

If you see me on the street you will probley know i listin to metal from my long hair or a band shirt, but fuck i wont wear a band shirt to fit in, i wear it to support the band and the scene, and as for the long hair, how can you head band with out it?

Voice of God said:
What is it with these topics? Does race matter, do clothes matter.... the answer should be rather obvious. Metal is music, only music matters in metal.
That would be nice if it were true. But unfortunately it's not.

Some metal bands are really into that whole nazi and fascist shit, so to them, race does matter. There are some metalheads who strongly believe that 'metal is not just about the music it's a way of life', and since that 'way of life' dictates that they follow a certain dress code, to them clothes do matter.

Personally I don't care what race someone is from or what they wear - I actually welcome any kind of diversity. I have short hair, no tattoos or piercings and I don't wear stereotypically metal clothes, and when I tell people that I like metal they don't believe me. But I don't give a shit - I just wear what the fuck is comfortable and appreciate metal as an art form. However there are other things to appreciate in life apart from just music - the world will seem to be a much better place if you'd just open your mind a bit more.

i know what i meant but....i don't think i explained myself very well...mostly because i'm stupid so for that i appologize but just smile and remember that it doesn't matter what i think anyway. i'm just one person on a message board so don't get worked up :D.[/QUOTE]

Don't take my post the wrong way as I am not heated, only proudly opinionated. I certainly have more interests in my life than listening to metal music. I play metal music too >:p~ Actually I do have other interests and hobbies, but music is a constant and it does have a great meaning in my life intellectually, emotionally and spiritually so I don't mind defending it's pominance in my little world.

Bryant