Clothes.

i vary in what i wear. Normally i'll just wear some dark baggy jeans, my boots, my german army shirt covered in patches and a band shirt underneath. Oh yeah and i always wear a beanie hat, always and a small chain. Then again sometimes i wear tight fitting jeans with buckles all down the side and a long sleeve darkthrone top or something so i can go from quite normal to like gothy/old school metally sorta thing, i'll shut up, image doesnt matter as long as you're true to the music

I wear just a metal shirt and jeans....I'll sometimes I'll wear a leather jacket....I tell people I love metal and people laugh at me asking me "Why the fuck do you listen to that shitty hair metal"....I just tell them to fuck off I like what I like then I just do a little death metal vocal action and they run like chickens :p

I wear whatever is comfortable/bought for me. If someone buys a brand-name shirt for me, I won't refrain from wearing it because it's too 'trendy'. I don't particularly want to attract people who judge me by my appearance, so I put little thought into what I wear.

I also don't dress in "metal" clothes. Obviously I can't ever dress like a metalhead at work. When I'm at home I just always wear jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt in the winter. When I go out, which is only on weekends, I like to dress up nice of course, in kakhis or black pants and a nice long sleeved shirt or a short sleeved clubbing/muscle shirt. I definitely don't look like a metalhead overall: I don't dress like one, I have short hair, I have no tatoos or piercings, I am very muscular and lean, I'm clean shaven, etc.. No one would ever guess that I'm into metal. People tell me I look like a jock or prettyboy, arrrggh!:mad:

If I saw you at a gig dressed in sportswear, I'd mentally raise an eyebrow because it is unusual. But the whole point of metal is bugger conformity, so really... I do tend to dress metal, but thats just me

CLothes don't matter. I dress like a yuppy, and look like I'd listen to radio rock. People are always surprised when I tell them I listen to metal. Then of course, I get the ever popular "You listen to the music that goes RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

God, I hate that. It shows tremendous ignorance on their part. Then I'll try to explain, but they ignore me.

Anyone metalhead that calls you names such as poseur or whatever for not looking "metal", is just an insecure poseur themselves.

Well, I've gotta go get some lunch. We have a cafeteria here, so I'll walk down there in my slacks, my Polo shirt and my Kenneth Cole's.

Wanderingblade said:
If I saw you at a gig dressed in sportswear, I'd mentally raise an eyebrow because it is unusual. But the whole point of metal is bugger conformity, so really... I do tend to dress metal, but thats just me

Not to create an argument, but have you ever thought that by "buggering conformity", that you are just fitting in to another group? Just curious.

Dreamlord said:
Not to create an argument, but have you ever thought that by "buggering conformity", that you are just fitting in to another group? Just curious.

Exactly.
These people rave on about fucking the norm and not conforming to how they should look, yet walk into a metal show and everyone's a duplicate of the person standing next to them.
The only true way to "bugger conformity" is to dress in what you feel comfortable wearing, whether that be a bullet belt or a Ralph Lauren belt.

LordFireworm said:
Exactly.
These people rave on about fucking the norm and not conforming to how they should look, yet walk into a metal show and everyone's a duplicate of the person standing next to them.
The only true way to "bugger conformity" is to dress in what you feel comfortable wearing, whether that be a bullet belt or a Ralph Lauren belt.

Precisely. I know a couple of 'gothic' girls, and I ask them why they became 'gothic', and they say 'Because I want to be different.'
So apparently, to be different, you have to label yourself and fit into a group in which all people look pretty damn similar. And looking different doesn't make you different anyway, you have to actually BE different. The whole 'I'm a goth, I hate trends' thing (as an example; there are many others) is the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

I only wear black clothes...
I dont feel comfortable in anything else...but thats me...if you feel comfortable wearing other stuff then go ahead...

But I must say its easier to identify Metalheads if they are wearing black, spikes and so on... ;)

I don't give a fuck about the metal clothes norm. I usually wear what you could call ''normal'' clothes (I need to look good for the chicks, bleh :p) I do use the typical metal-head look every one in a while, though.

I get bad looks from poser goths standing around city hall listening to marilyn manson because I dress like a trendy person. haha, I dont think any of em have even heard of In Flames, and they are pretty big now within metal.

i dress like a "goth" because i like it....i dont care if its the "trend" or if people think you look stupid....thats why i reallly cant stand "preps" because they usually dress in whatever is in style and cool....i think people shuld just start thinking for themselves and dress how they want instead of how there group of friends think they should dress