Clothes.

Pit Of Zombies

Zombie Loving Whore
Mar 6, 2003
London, England
Visit site
Do you think it matters what type of clothes a person wears... well I don't.

I like to wear sports clothes instead of Jeans, band shirts or combats, yet when I say I am into metal, people laugh at me as if I am joking, I have been into metal for a good few years and my fav bands are Cannibal Corpse, Manowar, Metallica, I am mainly a fan of death metal, yet I don't seem to get taken seriously when I say I like metal because I wear Nike, Adidas etc.

I couldn't give a crap what clothes people wear.

yeah who cares what you wear, i know a few metalheads that wear sports gear (not many tho) and it doesnt make any difference to the type of person they are.
Personally i usually wear jeans, old army jackets/coats and band shirts, im a bit of a dag haha, but who really gives a shit

Pit Of Zombies said:
Do you think it matters what type of clothes a person wears... well I don't.

I like to wear sports clothes instead of Jeans, band shirts or combats, yet when I say I am into metal, people laugh at me as if I am joking, I have been into metal for a good few years and my fav bands are Cannibal Corpse, Manowar, Metallica, I am mainly a fan of death metal, yet I don't seem to get taken seriously when I say I like metal because I wear Nike, Adidas etc.

I couldn't give a crap what clothes people wear.

hi! think about Anthrax! They are as metal as metal can be and they had a contract with Adidas. they often wear sports gear like many others, and by the way: i can't live without my black Adidas Superstar II, they rule. i like it very much when girls are wearing Superstars.

It doesn't matter, as long as you're comfortable.

I wear jeans all the time, and love hoodies for some reason. Metal t-shirts are sweet, I should get more...

I'll put on my batman costume for PP4. J/k as I don't own a batman costume, only a Superman and Spiderman one.
I don't think a person should be judged by their exterior. I'm fairly lucky in the fact that my career doesn't require me to have a conservative haircut so I can keep long hair, but some don't have that option once they enter the workplace (unless they choose a different career.) More often than not, I wear my work uniform as I work an average of six days a week, but when not in uniform I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt. I'm a big football (American) fan so I have 'Bama and Steeler caps and t-shirts along with my metal t's. As far as shoes go, I wear a 13 and have flat feet, so my choices are less than some as I need either high quality athletic shoes or have to add arch supports. My favorite shoes are my old-school style canvas Vans.

Bryant

Jeans and a t-shirt. As well as some chuck taylor's for me. That's pretty much my wardrobe. Lots of the shirts I own are band t-shirts... that makes me an UBER metaller... RAAAURGH... I'm so tr00...

-_-

The most out-of-place person I've ever seen was at the Inferno festival, some chick who wore a tight pink top and had long blonde hair in the front row for Belphegor. Amidst a fucking forest of black hair and leather. But, the clothes don't matter, in my opinion. If you like metal, wear what the fuck you like.

My title reads incognito metalhead, because I don't look the part. I have some Emperor shirts I wear, but apart from that it's mostly blue jeans, tshirts and my trusty old brown leather jacket.

Malleus.. in Norway when you wear a Emperor shirt or Burzum or mayhem shirt do the christian people (or the "normal" every day) people give you dirty look because i am asuming every one knows those bands and what they did in Norway? In America no one knows about any of those bands so obviously they could care less. I am just wondering what its like in Norway.

nergal_S said:
Malleus.. in Norway when you wear a Emperor shirt or Burzum or mayhem shirt do the christian people (or the "normal" every day) people give you dirty look because i am asuming every one knows those bands and what they did in Norway? In America no one knows about any of those bands so obviously they could care less. I am just wondering what its like in Norway.

Hmm, well, I've never met any real reaction. Haven't worn them in front of my grandma though :)
Only one person have commented on my emperor shirts, some racist bastard who was convinced I was a nazi because of that shirt and my shaved head. "You have those opinions too, you're just afraid to admit to them, norway for norwegians!" That kind of crap... Feh....

Clothes don't really matter. But because of stereotyping things can get a bit troublesome, for instance the laughing at the Addidas/Metal association.

I am the typical denim/leather/band shirt metalhead, 80's style.