Metal Fashion Vs. Rap Fashion

I also dislike too far going metal fashion. I mean, black is a cool colour and most of my clothes are black too, but it's not the only damn colour. Pentagrams, Crosses underwards and other satanic things wont really infect me way or another, but taking all that black metal shit seriously is not a good thing, nothing wrong with being a bit antichristian tho. And what comes with the chicks, if i see a chick with fully black clothes, lots of leather, pentagrams and black makeup, it kinda creeps me off. Most of the metal chicks are damn hot tho :)

HannibalGuy said:
Also, on the subject of gothic fashon, gothic is an old architectural building style, so the only way someone can be a "true goth" is if they stack a bunch of bricks on themsleves.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a few band shirts but I rather buy albums than spend all my money on band shirts.

i look like a confused fratboy, i dress fairly normal for a college kid but replace the "witty vintage screen print" shirts with band shirts. i dress comfortably and to look decent enough to continue having relations with the female population. end of story.

i havent worn a pair of jeans in almost 3 years now, just seem to wear khakis. If I had black pants, id wear them. I like black shirts, but also still like to look nice, like a black button down shirt or something. I have two non-black button down shirts that just look different, so I like those. I also wear band t-shirts if I feel like its, ultimately its all what you want to wear. I like laughing at stores like Hot Topic, full of such poser clothes there, its hilarious. Oh yeah, not a Satan lover here, so I wont wear shirts like that, unless the band you like is hardcore Satan loving and has it on the shirt, I just think that it seems the majority of people who wear satan clothes are just trying to be cool.

Dudes, heed me! i wear whatever the fuck i want when i feel like it. i wear express jeans and a preppy ribbed v-neck shirt one day, and a Zeppelin or meshuggah shirt i made myself the next. i dont give a fuck what anyone thinks. period. i dont wear things because other ppl wear them, nor do i care if everyone else is wearing it, if i like it i wear it. fashion is what you make of it, and half of you guys that said "fuck fashion" were like, i dont wear that becuz everyone else is wearing it. that is totally contradicting yourself. if you dont care about fashion, why are you so concerned that youll look like everyone else?? that is just immaturely asserting your "independence" like a angry 8th grader. get the fuck over it. wear what you want, fuck anyone who cares, if what you wear gets you laid, good for you, i personally dont give a fuck.

I usually don't buy bandshirts unless they are cheap, like a local record store had a Manowar, Deicide and Obituary shirts all for 5$. I think 18$ is a ridiculous price for shirts.

I buy most my shit from Old Navy. Jeans, shirts, boxers, socks etc. I usually wear a pair of old navy jeans or jean shorts, oftent imes wearing mesh athletic shorts. I wear skateboarding shoes since I'm a skater and you generally need special types of shoes to skateboard. I'll wear either band shirts, solid colored old navy shirts, plain white Hanes shirts or some skateboarding shirts. I don't wear many skateboarding shirts though because Id on't really buy them anymore and my old ones are getting shitty now. I don't really like to be associated with Skateboarders because I'm not into the whole Anarchy be punk rebel against your parents but still come home by 9 o clock break other peoples property just because you can thing.

I dress like a prep. I used to dress in band shirts till I realized how silly that was.

Originally Posted by HannibalGuy
Also, on the subject of gothic fashon, gothic is an old architectural building style, so the only way someone can be a "true goth" is if they stack a bunch of bricks on themsleves.

We should just call them Visigoths and kill the entire thing.

I only own 5 shirts and like 3 pairs of pants. All the shirts are band shirts and most of it is black. I don't really pay attention, but most metal T-shirts are black anyway.

i didn't read any of the posts because I'm being lazy, but I'll just lend my two cents.

The first post is totally on the money. Fasion is bullshit. I play in a black metal band, and listen to Burzum, Darkthrone, and Mayhem and the like, but at the moment- I'm wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt and some shorts. People have told me that I am disgracing metal by wearing this stuff, and I just of chuckle... I wore an Opeth shirt to a Neil Young concert :)

So one of the shirts I got recently was the Burzum-Filosofem longsleeve, which is white. I got more comments on this shirt then I've ever got on any article of clothing in my life. I had at least a dozen people say "OMG Jael, your actually not wearing black!" Two people asked me if my shirt glowed in the dark, and two strangers came up to me to tell me they were also a Burzum fan. It was strange...