Metal Fashion Vs. Rap Fashion

dargormudshark

Sep 25, 2003
houston,Tx
www.dreamspaceonline.com
It amazes me how so many young people (and some old) wear whatever the fashion world dictates. Case in point; rap/hip-hop fashion. You've seen the clothes; low riding baggy jeans. athletic shoes, gold chains, backward cap, etc... I get to the point where I wonder if fashion can be anymore ridiculous and that we metal fans are above wearing stupid clothes.

Then I catch a Children Of Bodom/Iced Earth show and see even more ridiculous clothing: nothing but black clothes, pentagrams, clothing that features stupid phrases along the lines of "I f*ck Satan" and "Satan this" and "Satan that," etc...

C'mon guys. I realize you are trying to shock middle-aged white people, but the whole Satan thing is kind of really out of style, as is moshing, stage diving and crowd surfing.

Moshing it out of style? Come on, it's just an instinctive reaction to heavy music. It's got nothing to do with either style or fasion.

More to the point... I think what you're reffering to is more of the 'goth' image... which is quite gay. Most regular metalheads dont give a fuck about their appearances.

ShroudOfDusk said:
Moshing it out of style? Come on, it's just an instinctive reaction to heavy music. It's got nothing to do with either style or fasion.

More to the point... I think what you're reffering to is more of the 'goth' image... which is quite gay. Most regular metalheads dont give a fuck about their appearances.

Go see some metal band live and tell me there's isn't an unformal dress code... Just count how many people don't wear metal/skull/gore/satanic shirts. By the way I like metal bands shirts :cool:

Some people just like to represent and show what bands they like by wearing their t-shirts, or you get those asswipes who try to find the most obscure metal t-shirts possible so they can show off how immensely underground they are. But anyway, i guess you could say there's an unformal dress code but on the whole, i think its just because we like wearing black, well i do anyway

Fashion is gay. Worry about the music, and not the way someone looks. I saw someone wearing a Wu-Tang Clan hoodie at a show, and he was enjoying it, so looks are petty and trivial in personal preference.

dargormudshark said:
It amazes me how so many young people (and some old) wear whatever the fashion world dictates. Case in point; rap/hip-hop fashion. You've seen the clothes; low riding baggy jeans. athletic shoes, gold chains, backward cap, etc... I get to the point where I wonder if fashion can be anymore ridiculous and that we metal fans are above wearing stupid clothes.

Then I catch a Children Of Bodom/Iced Earth show and see even more ridiculous clothing: nothing but black clothes, pentagrams, clothing that features stupid phrases along the lines of "I f*ck Satan" and "Satan this" and "Satan that," etc...

C'mon guys. I realize you are trying to shock middle-aged white people, but the whole Satan thing is kind of really out of style, as is moshing, stage diving and crowd surfing.

People need to stop dressing in the style of music they listen to and just wear they want to, fuck image. Also, moshing will never go out of fashion!

I've been wearing jeans and fucking band T-shirts since like 1983...and I still love wearing that stuff. Everyone tells me "Don't you think you're a little old for that now"...or "That's not really in-style now"...

Who cares? I don't, and fuck anyone who pays the smallest bit of attention to what the hell I wear. Spending any time considering what anyone is wearing is paying WAY to much respect to the idea of an image. My only point is that for all the despising I see towards all these "posers" and "bandwagon jumpers" and "mall-cores" and any other name you can come up with for them - people sure spend a hell of a lot of time being occupied with dwelling on whether they belong is a scene or how stupid they are or whatever. If they are as insignificant and "outside" the fold as every one of the "real" fans are - then just fucking ignore the little twerps and enjoy the fucking music...

I mosh in a pair of white nike's and addidas sweats. why? because I find them comfortable. If someone judges me because of how I look, fuck them. And like shroud of dusk said, moshing is a reaction, not an style.

chris-o-fer said:
I mosh in a pair of white nike's and addidas sweats. why? because I find them comfortable. If someone judges me because of how I look, fuck them. And like shroud of dusk said, moshing is a reaction, not an style.

100% on the fucking money there...well stated.

ShroudOfDusk said:
Most regular metalheads dont give a fuck about their appearances.
You're seriously deluding yourself. Next time you go to a gig, see how many people look the exact same.
With that said, you have the greatest current Black Metal band in your signature so I'll leave this be.

Its always funny when you are at a show, and u see a group of kids (5 or more) who you just know are all friends, and came togeather, wearing black pants and the EXACT same shirt. At the Hypocrisy/COB show last year I saw like 6 or 7 kids all standing and talking outside the venue in the same exact fucking "hate crew deathroll" shirt.

First of all, thats just gay.

Secondly, Im a firm believer in NOT wearing the shirt of the band you are going to see. The only exception to this rule would be if you have some ungodly old, rare shirt for that band that you know no one else will have. (example: I have a crazy In Flames euro tour shirt from the 96 jester race tour which was only for band and crew members. My friend has an original Lunar Strain in flames shity which he got from Mikael Stanne of DT. These are OK to wear to an in flames show.)

Thirdly someone made a comment about people who wear some obscure metal band shirt to show how underground they are. I dont think thats a bad thing. I have some obscure shirts that I wear to shows (exhorder, sacrilege, atheist, ect...) only because I know that no one else will have them. I hate wearing a shirt that half the audience has on.

And finally, fashion is gay, wear whatever you like, be yourself. If you like metal, but like to "thug out" when it comes to clothes, go for it! If you want to wear denim overalls and a straw hat to a metal show, fucking do it, who cares.

Quote:
Originally posted by : USMC0341
I've been wearing jeans and fucking band T-shirts since like 1983...and I still love wearing that stuff.....ect

Same here and I'll second everything you just said.
Doing things for "fashion's" sense is missing the point. Just be yourself. Being programmed and brainwashed is not cool it's retarded.

Darth Kur said:
Quote:
Originally posted by : USMC0341
I've been wearing jeans and fucking band T-shirts since like 1983...and I still love wearing that stuff.....ect

Same here and I'll second everything you just said.
Doing things for "fashion's" sense is missing the point. Just be yourself. Being programmed and brainwashed is not cool it's retarded.

And I'll second everything you just said as well Darth...absolutely.

:hotjump:

I mostly wear jeans and a band shirt. Why? Because I like band shirts. Like right now, I'am in a pait of blue jeans, a Nile shirt, & a Slaytanic Wehrmacht hat. I wear that because I like it.

Fashon and trends are gay, and anybody who follows them are major cumbubbles. I also hate wearing all black, and cant stand the gay "goth" fashon.

I like black shirts, But hate black pants. In all my years I haven't owned one pair of black pants that didn't make my balls feel like they were in bundle! My big boys need some space to graze! Anyhow what the fuck is thread about? If you don't like wearing metal attire then don't do so. I for one enjoy wearing metal shirts. Everyone here is so fucking self-conscious towards there own image it makes me sick. For me it's all about comfort. I wear my blue jeans which are flaing at the seams because it feels good. I also like wearing sandals the majority of the time because why? It feels good! Who the fuck cares?!?!?