Have you found it difficult to meet people who enjoy extreme metal?

cookiecutter said:
I really don't mind this because I listen to and love a lot of metal that practically is just that (Dying Fetus - Kill Your Mother Rape Your Dog or Devourment - Babykiller anyone :p ). Their attempts to use that as an insult fail because I like it.

whats worse is scenester kids now all of the sudden liking death metal and grindcore

I thought we were supposed to keep those faggots out?

to all those not living in the horrible USA who apparently have access to "all these metalheads".....you lucky fucks!

Authentic Metalhead said:
I'm with you on that one.

Not all "gore" lyrics are just about gore for gores sake. The most obvious examples would be on Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness or Necroticism - if you read the lyrics, you'll find that they are often used as a parrallel to how we use animals in our society...(Carcass were vegans at the time).

Check the lyrics out:-

Intenacious, intersecting
Reaving fats from corporal griskin
Culled...for sodden gelatine brayed
Skeletal groats triturated, desinently
Exsiccated, sere glutenate brewed
For frivolous solvent abuse...
Derogate coarse remains
For glue to dry
Despoiled marrow razed
...A truculent shambles so severe...
Extravated bone - as adhesive incarnate
A pellucid quietus - nocuosly I create
Corporal glue, breathe in the fumes
Mucilage vapours, toxic fumes to savour
(Lead: Glue stiffing by W.G. Steer)
Comminuted remains
As gum to dry
A lissom gel so glazed
...A truculent shambolic affair...
The exsanguine esprit - snorted as snuff
Rheumic oils forever - Bonded together as gum
Human glue, choke on the fumes
Noxious vapours, slaughterous labour...
(Lead: Viscous residue snorting by M. Amott)

Which were written with the "melting down" of equine and bovine corpses to make certain non synthetic glues.

Cythraul said:
That's gay.

Hey, I'm no vegan, and I come from a line of butchers, so to be honest I couldn't give a shit about animal rights - but those lyrics are pretty interesting, as are most of the Carcass tracks.

Thanks for the in depth discussion though, Cyth:rolleyes:

Kreator/Destroyer said:
yea i just don't like gore metal for some reason...i guess i don't really like gore lyrics that much
I like goregrind or any kind of death and black metal in general. I don't choose not to listen to certain music because of its content, like NSBM for example, I don';t agree with it but I like Nokturnal Mortum.

Hell yes!
I'm at university now and have only three people that remotely like black metal!

Krig said:
because people who dont know shit about music only hear the vocals.

Mainstream people judge music by vocals/lyrics and get into music by vocals/lyrics. Regardless how brilliant musicians are on an album if the vocals are intence raspy ones,etc.. then that band is noise to mainstream listener. It sucks but that's what happens when people get use to being told what music is and get use to listening to whatever a current trend is on TV or Radio. Regardless the trends go in and out the same listeners are going to be tunned in because it's a schedule. It's like you wake up make coffee and turn on a news channel. Some people wake up and turn on MTV so regardless what's on or what the trend is that channel is there to provide music and say
'that's cool'.

Carcassian said:
Not all "gore" lyrics are just about gore for gores sake. The most obvious examples would be on Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness or Necroticism - if you read the lyrics, you'll find that they are often used as a parrallel to how we use animals in our society...(Carcass were vegans at the time).

Check the lyrics out:-

Intenacious, intersecting
Reaving fats from corporal griskin
Culled...for sodden gelatine brayed
Skeletal groats triturated, desinently
Exsiccated, sere glutenate brewed
For frivolous solvent abuse...
Derogate coarse remains
For glue to dry
Despoiled marrow razed
...A truculent shambles so severe...
Extravated bone - as adhesive incarnate
A pellucid quietus - nocuosly I create
Corporal glue, breathe in the fumes
Mucilage vapours, toxic fumes to savour
(Lead: Glue stiffing by W.G. Steer)
Comminuted remains
As gum to dry
A lissom gel so glazed
...A truculent shambolic affair...
The exsanguine esprit - snorted as snuff
Rheumic oils forever - Bonded together as gum
Human glue, choke on the fumes
Noxious vapours, slaughterous labour...
(Lead: Viscous residue snorting by M. Amott)

Which were written with the "melting down" of equine and bovine corpses to make certain non synthetic glues.
Reminds me of ALice in Chains lyrics.

I'm the man in the box
buried in my shit
won't you come in to save me?
Feed my eyes
Can you sew them shut?
Jesus Christ
deny your makeup

Man in the Box. It's written about a bunch of stuff, but that line is about veal, how they'll sew a baby calf's eyes shut and lock them in a box and stuff like that to make sure the meat is tender. That and religon, obviously.

The Greys said:
Mainstream people judge music by vocals/lyrics and get into music by vocals/lyrics. Regardless how brilliant musicians are on an album if the vocals are intence raspy ones,etc.. then that band is noise to mainstream listener. It sucks but that's what happens when people get use to being told what music is and get use to listening to whatever a current trend is on TV or Radio. Regardless the trends go in and out the same listeners are going to be tunned in because it's a schedule. It's like you wake up make coffee and turn on a news channel. Some people wake up and turn on MTV so regardless what's on or what the trend is that channel is there to provide music and say
'that's cool'.

thats kind of sad.

I fucking hate the recent ABC News reports they've been having. Asexuals? An interview with Mel Gibson? Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters need to be raped and sent to the ghetto to be dealt with.
:lol: Just quit watching the news like me and my family have done. We never watch the news and we've never regretted a second of our decision.

I fucking hate the recent ABC News reports they've been having. Asexuals? An interview with Mel Gibson? Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters need to be raped and sent to the ghetto to be dealt with.

Asexuals are stupid fucking wastes of space. Sex and masturbation rules....fuck off!