Have you found it difficult to meet people who enjoy extreme metal?

Practically no one in my school likes metal. It makes me sad. There is prolly like 5 other real metal heads that I can talk to.

Life Sucks said:
I'm like that. I have short hair and I never wear band t-shirts.
I have short hair too but it's spiked up and I occasionally wear my 2 band shirts but I also wear my Terrell Owens jersey, Michael Jordan High School Jersey, and other shirts such as my Mario or The Simpsons shirts.

either:

-I know too many bands to talk to people and they like shitty/generic bands.
-We don't like the same kind of metal.
-We both know obscure bands and we can't have a decent covnersation.
-They think SOAD is the definition of metal.

So yea I've pretty much gave up, metal forums are the place to be at though...

Where I live it's impossible to meet people who listen to Death Metal or Grind, we'r just about 20 to listen to that kind of music and we'r living like a tribe (we meet every two days and prepare concerts together, cos actually we'r three bands living together)
So there's no possibility to find any new MetalHeads here;Damn!

Life Sucks said:
I'm like that. I have short hair and I never wear band t-shirts.
Heh, me too but i couldn't resist when i saw a Hammerheart T-shirt... i had to buy it. Also i got 2 T-shirts with AC/DC and Black Sabbath for my birthday so.. now i wear them.

most of my friends either listen to slipknot or ac/dc, but i have met probably 3 other people in my school who like death metal and only one i could consider my friend.

I get most of my shirts online, though when I go down the shore in the summer, there's a shop on the boardwalk that I've gotten good shirts from over the years like Obituary, Morbid Angel, Venom, Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Blind Guardian, Suffocation, etc.

Taste in music shouldn't really be the first thing you look for in a friend.

LOYALTY is the number one trait in people, i.m.o.

Identifying a good band shirt is far more easy than identifying a loyal friend.

Carcassian said:
Taste in music shouldn't really be the first thing you look for in a friend.

LOYALTY is the number one trait in people, i.m.o.
A bud of mine, my stop-smoking-or-I'll-kill-you freind actually, is being a fucking dumbass lately, and thinking that the most important trait in freinds is humor. We fought and almost came to blows (<---insert gay joke here) over that and him just generally being a dick.

Ender Rises said:
A bud of mine, my stop-smoking-or-I'll-kill-you freind actually, is being a fucking dumbass lately, and thinking that the most important trait in freinds is humor. We fought and almost came to blows (<---insert gay joke here) over that and him just generally being a dick.
:lol:

I was looking through the post a picture of yourselves thread, and most of you look like normal everyday people. Yet, I never met anyone on the streets, or at malls that has heard of Overkill, Bolt Thrower, or any other metal band that isn't mainstream.