Have you found it difficult to meet people who enjoy extreme metal?

Ok, and now that i got your atention, would you pls answer my question on the "Talk about the music you like thread"?

immo said:
Well i bet there are more metalheads out there, but just don't wear metal shirts or look metal. I know many people like this.

I once wore a Carcass shirt at my base in the army, it was so funny.

Hell i got the hole squad into Carcass :kickass:

The US is a bit of an anomoly as far as "scenes" go because, due to its massive size and the pervasiveness of the mainstream media (most relevently in terms of music), there really is no cohesive "scene," and thus fewer people in centralized areas that actually listen to Metal.

Necuratul said:
The US is a bit of an anomoly as far as "scenes" go because, due to its massive size and the pervasiveness of the mainstream media (most relevently in terms of music), there really is no cohesive "scene," and thus fewer people in centralized areas that actually listen to Metal.

Which is why I hate the U.S. and its capitalistic ways. It's hard to live here and have artistic integrity. :cry:

I know one, then I play metal to another one of my friends who enjoys it here and there. Its pretty difficult

A good amount of the people I met 6 or 7 years ago into metal have carried over into the present. It was pretty easy to meet people then, because show attendance was low compared to nowadays, and there'd be like 10 of the same people or so you'd always see at them, and eventually we'd get to talking since none of us really knew many other metalheads, and you could network pretty easily from there. I was pretty lucky in the sense that most of the people I met then were fairly intelligent and, musical tastes aside, made otherwise good company, so those relationships endured. I mean, it's not enough just to know someone who shares musical tastes. That's why I can imagine how much harder meeting people is for some of you who live in more remote areas.

But I don't really meet people that way much anymore since metal is bigger, at least here.

Authentic Metalhead said:
It's off to Scandinavia for me!
Really? That sounds nice, I want to go to Norway on my college's Travel-Study program, there;s gotta be some black or death metal radio stationbs there right?

bluewizard said:
Really? That sounds nice, I want to go to Norway on my college's Travel-Study program, there;s gotta be some black or death metal radio stationbs there right?

Yes, lots and lots of Lordi! :lol: